Chamomile Citron

Herbal Tea
Chamomile, Hibiscus, Lemon Verbena, Lemongrass, Licorice Root, Peppermint, Rose Hips
Lemongrass, Sweet, Flowers
Caffeine Free
Organic
Edit tea info Last updated by sherapop

5 Images

• “Steep Information: Amount: 1 loose tea single steeps! just rip open the packet and dump into the strainer Water: fill to line with boiling water Tool: Kati Steep Time: a little over 5...” Read full tasting note
    amazonv 702 tasting notes
  • “Review's up at www.itsallabouttheleaf.com. Starts something like this: Many lemon-mint based herbal blends are pretty nondescript. It can be difficult to tell where one ingredient ends and the...” Read full tasting note
    gmathis 1720 tasting notes
  • “So I got my AMAZING Foodzie box from LiberTEAS today, but due to the insane heat and my lack of AC this afternoon it was pretty much the worst possible day to get it in the mail. But it was an...” Read full tasting note
    Alphakitty 470 tasting notes
  • “Tea Forte sent me a few free samples (including this one) along with their Kati brewing system to review. The samples are designed to be the exact right size for the 12 oz brewing system. Just...” Read full tasting note
    kristinthomas 302 tasting notes

From Tea Forte

A relaxing and rejuvenating blend of sun golden Egyptian chamomile blossoms and rose hips, balanced with meadow-sweet scents of lemongrass and mint. A delicate and soothing infusion.

Ingredients: organic chamomile flowers, organic hibiscus, organic rosehips, organic peppermint leaves, organic lemongrass, organic lemon verbena, organic licorice root

Steeping Guidelines: 5 minutes at 208 degrees

Certifications: USDA Organic

Caffeine: Naturally caffeine-free

About Tea Forte View company

I have nearly reached the end of my supply of these rip-off single-serve loose leaf portions of Tea Forté Chamomile Citron, and I have to say that this blend has grown on me over several sessions.

Tonight I used a wider-gauge sieve, which made the particles of chamomile slip through, so maybe that’s why it seemed stronger than usual. Anyway, I would definitely consider buying this blend again, perhaps in the loose-leaf rather than in these individual packets. I don’t have a problem with teaspoons. No, not at all!

Flavors: Flowers

Kirkoneill1988

i don’t like chamomile teas :(

Thanks tea forte for another free sample. Backlogging. Dry this smells like chamomile,lemon,and abit of peppermint. I steep this up. Smell I can now smell the peppermint more. This taste like chamomile with some lemon and abit of peppermint. Now to me this is decent because the lemon is too strong to me and I prefer spearmint to peppermint,but I think this is a fairly good herbal.

I reviewed the Tea Forté Kati Cup and a few teas on my blog; here’s what I wrote about Chamomile Citron:

…The big surprise for me was how much I enjoyed the Chamomile Citron. I am usually not a fan of chamomile, but Tea Forté’s blend of Egyptian flowers mixed with hibiscus, rose hips, peppermint, lemongrass, lemon verbena and licorice root yielded a pretty pink liquor that was calming, delicious and addictive. I knew after my first sip of the aromatic infusion that I had to have more, and that it would become a staple in my tea chest. This sweet and tart brew was wonderful unadorned, but I added a bit of rock sugar and it was outstanding…

To read the full post: http://glamorosi.blogspot.com/2010/04/review-kati-loose-tea-system-by-tea.html

Dry leaf smell: Like marmalade, but with herbal notes. Rather odd but pleasant nonetheless.
Steeped leaf smell: A bit like a wet hamster.
Taste: I’m not a fan of chamomile, but I guess this wasn’t too bad. Kind of tastes like chrysanthemum tea. The aroma was off-putting though. There also seems to be this pineapple-like aftertaste. I can’t decide if it’s a good or bad thing. Oh but I like the mint in the tea!

I really like the lemon, one of the first GOOD lemon-y teas I’ve had. No artificial taste. Would be great as an after dinner tea because it’s sweet too. Not overpowering though. Like a butter mint.

Flavors: Lemongrass, Sweet

Mixed this with peppermint tonight. Decided that I should probably work on drinking up the remaining single steeps I have of this to make room for everything I just picked up from a local tea shop.

I’m not usually big on chamomile, but I found this surprisingly enjoyable. The lemongrass and mint gave it a pleasant bit of zing, and a touch of sugar brought out some happy licorice flavor.

Brewed a second time—more licorice, less lemongrass.

The dry leaves smell of lemongrass, a touch of mint and licorice. Also, kind of reminds me of a hay loft because its so floral smelling.

Steeped for five minutes in boiling water. Result was a very clear, golden liquor. The liquor smells sweet and reminds me of butter.

I mostly taste licorice and chamomile with a cool minty aftertaste. Has a very creamy mouthfeel. As I keep drinking, the citron is becoming more apparent. Decent soothing herbal tea.

Details:
Kettle: Breville Tea Maker
Temp: 212
Steep Time: 5 min
Type: Herbal, Loose

I have to say the first time I tried this tea I found the hibiscus to be very overwhelming, but once I sorted out the brew time and got a decent kettle it balanced out fine. Slightly sweet and floral it is just what I want in a evening herbal.

I was given this as a gift, and I managed to get through one whole cup and two partials before realizing that it’s really not for me. The flavor is just too “herb-y” for me; there’s just too much going on in this blend. I don’t think the peppermint and licorice really flow well with the citron, lemongrass and chamomile flavors. Maybe it’s just the particular canister I got, but either way, I’m probably going to have to toss this.