Estate Darjeeling

Edit tea info Last updated by Debbie

2 Images

• “A good go-to black bagged tea. I would say towards the beginning of the "strong strength" spectrum. I'm not sure about the floral notes comparison mentioned in the product description but it's...” Read full tasting note
    teaequalsbliss 6770 tasting notes
  • “A very gentle Darjeeling. It doesn't have an overwhelming astringency, although it doesn't have a strong sense of muscatel either... this would be a great Darjeeling for those who find most...” Read full tasting note
    LiberTEAS 4391 tasting notes
  • “I could not recall at the top of my head the last time I've had Darjeeling tea. Looking through my tea log, it appears it has been 6 months since my last steep of Darjeeling tea, which is quite...” Read full tasting note
    thepha 254 tasting notes
  • “I got this as a gift with a new kati cup with their new world of tea single steep set. (My old one dropped into the sink and cracked). I do think the single steeps are a neat packaging however not...” Read full tasting note
    Ellyn 230 tasting notes

From Tea Forte

The crisp air of the Himalayan foothills releases complex hints of roasted nuts with soft floral overtones in this “Champagne of teas.”

About Tea Forte View company

A good go-to black bagged tea. I would say towards the beginning of the “strong strength” spectrum. I’m not sure about the floral notes comparison mentioned in the product description but it’s pretty tasty regardless!

A very gentle Darjeeling. It doesn’t have an overwhelming astringency, although it doesn’t have a strong sense of muscatel either… this would be a great Darjeeling for those who find most Darjeeling teas to be overly astringent or too bitter. A nice fruit quality in the background with an overture of toasted, nutty, flowery taste. Nice!

I could not recall at the top of my head the last time I’ve had Darjeeling tea. Looking through my tea log, it appears it has been 6 months since my last steep of Darjeeling tea, which is quite surprising considering how much I love Darjeeling tea.

There is a very musty, toasted aroma to the dark brown and black leaves, with a very light woody scent. Steeping gives a similar scent, more woody than toasted, but still musty, and floral.

The flavor brings out a more floral taste, giving it a more delicate body. Any astringency compliments the light toasted notes, almost giving it a buttery flavor.

It is a little too delicate to be a morning tea, but as an early or late afternoon tea, this would be perfect.

I got this as a gift with a new kati cup with their new world of tea single steep set. (My old one dropped into the sink and cracked). I do think the single steeps are a neat packaging however not very environmentally friendly. I will be bringing them to work (I also got the ginger lemongrass single steeps) as they will be very convenient.

This tea was a nice Darjeeling although the flavor was very gentle. There was none of the astringency or potency I generally find with this type of tea. This was a nice morning cup but nothing I would go out of my way to drink .

It’s not the most nuanced Darjeeling on the market, nor is it the most sophisticated (I mean, it literally comes in a “tea fort”). But this Darjeeling is probably the strongest on the grapy note I’ve ever come across. It’s also light on the astringency, which gives it even more added points. Some of the floral profile give it a Ceylon feel. I liked it quite a bit.

Full Review: Pending on www.itsallabouttheleaf.com

Enjoyed with milk and sugar

My first real taste of any of the finer, more expensive teas out there. Tea aficionados often call Darjeeling “the champagne of teas,” and now I can definitely understand what they mean. This tea is so good! I saw the word “muscat” in the description on the tin, so I looked it up; that’s a beautifully succinct way of explaining the grape notes in this one. It’s earthy and aromatic and beautifully complex. I’ve never tasted anything quite like it before.

I received a sample of this tea a while back, but right now I don’t remember exactly who it was from. Sorry! All I knew was that something different sounded wonderful this morning, as I’ve been sipping down a lot of my teas lately, trying to bring order to the chaos taking over my tiny kitchen.

I did use more leaves than I intended, but I didn’t want to put one teaspoon aside for later, only to have it shuffle around in my collection for who knows how long. I don’t know if it was the extra leaves or the tea itself, but this is a bracingly brisk cup, with enough astringency to make me hunt for my water bottle. There’s also a smoky note that haunts the cup, and paired with the aroma of freshly fallen leaves, it hearkens back to cool autumn mornings.

Boiling 4 min, 30 sec 3 tsp 16 OZ / 473 ML