Green Tea
Nuts
Sachet
Organic
Edit tea info Last updated by nonygray

From Tea Forte

This steamed, organic green tea steeps a pale and delicate liquor. A hint of roasted chestnuts complements the freshness of a spring downpour.

About Tea Forte View company

Ahhh….civilization! After 24 hours of radio silence, the hospital where my mom’s having tests has wifi. Funny what small comforts we get dependent on.

This nice little pyramid-bagged sencha is one of those small comforts. It’s not one of those greens that has a temperature sweet spot of less than a quarter degree. Makes a nice, very lightly vegetal cup even with microwave water that isn’t from home.

fleurdelily

hope your Mom is doing well

Em

Prayers for your mother.

Ysaurella

all the best for your mom gmathis

Hesper June

Sending prayers her way

gmathis

Thanks, friends. Geriatric nursing is hard for me; as is being the grownup. Neither mercy nor service are my spiritual gifts :) But if you ever want to know have to make a killer flying kite out of a bamboo BBQ skewer and a piece of copy paper, I got that covered!

K S

I just read a review of yours from a year ago dealing with family health issues. Peace to you and yours.

This is a very good Sencha. No bitterness and a nice nutty flavor. It’s pleasantly rich and smooth. Not at all grassy.

This is not bad but it isn’t like sencha at all!!! It tastes neither grassy nor roasted… instead, it’s sweet like honey and I think it has a hint of coconut??? I believe the foreign flavour has something to do with Tea Forte’s tea packaging – it’s pretty, but it really makes the tea bags prone to contamination (especially in a sample box, where there are teas of various flavours)! :(

The first time I made this, I steeped for 3 minutes. Ugh. It came out astringent and thoroughly unpleasant. I didn’t even want to drink it again, but I needed the sipdown. So I brewed up some fresh leaf (which includes stems and fannings as well as leaf, not cool) at 180 F for about 1 minute. Big improvement! No astringency or bitterness. Light and vegetal. Two solid steeps. Rather mediocre though. A year ago, I thought Tea Forte was the best out there. Now that I’ve really gotten into tea, I find myself less impressed. Oh, well. Sipdown!

A mild Sencha – very springy – very pretty

Twigs and dust in the loose leaf version…. But nice nutty flavor.

Probably my favorite green ever. So smooth with a slight nuttiness. Excellent with a tiny bit of sugar.

Flavors: Nuts

Wow, delicate full tea leaves produce a crystal clear green brew the likes of which I’ve never seen before. I’m impressed! There was a natural sweetness, and delicacy to the tea. I want more!