Green Tea
Grass, Green, Dry Grass, Nuts
Edit tea info Last updated by nonygray

From Tea Forte

This steamed, organic green tea steeps a pale and delicate liquor. A hint of roasted chestnuts complements the freshness of a spring downpour.

About Tea Forte View company

1934 tasting notes

Ahhh….civilization! After 24 hours of radio silence, the hospital where my mom’s having tests has wifi. Funny what small comforts we get dependent on.

This nice little pyramid-bagged sencha is one of those small comforts. It’s not one of those greens that has a temperature sweet spot of less than a quarter degree. Makes a nice, very lightly vegetal cup even with microwave water that isn’t from home.

hope your Mom is doing well

Prayers for your mother.

all the best for your mom gmathis

Hesper June

Sending prayers her way

Thanks, friends. Geriatric nursing is hard for me; as is being the grownup. Neither mercy nor service are my spiritual gifts :) But if you ever want to know have to make a killer flying kite out of a bamboo BBQ skewer and a piece of copy paper, I got that covered!

I just read a review of yours from a year ago dealing with family health issues. Peace to you and yours.

This is a very good Sencha. No bitterness and a nice nutty flavor. It’s pleasantly rich and smooth. Not at all grassy.

This is not bad but it isn’t like sencha at all!!! It tastes neither grassy nor roasted… instead, it’s sweet like honey and I think it has a hint of coconut??? I believe the foreign flavour has something to do with Tea Forte’s tea packaging – it’s pretty, but it really makes the tea bags prone to contamination (especially in a sample box, where there are teas of various flavours)! :(

The first time I made this, I steeped for 3 minutes. Ugh. It came out astringent and thoroughly unpleasant. I didn’t even want to drink it again, but I needed the sipdown. So I brewed up some fresh leaf (which includes stems and fannings as well as leaf, not cool) at 180 F for about 1 minute. Big improvement! No astringency or bitterness. Light and vegetal. Two solid steeps. Rather mediocre though. A year ago, I thought Tea Forte was the best out there. Now that I’ve really gotten into tea, I find myself less impressed. Oh, well. Sipdown!

A mild Sencha – very springy – very pretty

Twigs and dust in the loose leaf version…. But nice nutty flavor.

Standard green tea. Pretty good, but nothing exceptional.

I drink this tea pretty much every morning! It’s got a beautiful green color and isn’t too strong. I brew it loose leaf in a pot and it goes nicely with breakfast or on its own. Very happy I bought it! I tend to just leave the leaves in the teapot and let it steep for ages, and even then it’s not overpowering, which is great. But maybe that’s not a proper way to do things. :)

Flavors: Grass, Green

190 °F / 87 °C 8 min or more 2 tsp 16 OZ / 473 ML

To all the nice people in the Steepster community:
Please, find some real sencha by a Japanese tea house or even just an Asian tea house, and taste that.
The so called ‘sencha’ from Tea Forte was not sencha.
Once you taste the real thing, you will never go back to Tea Forte for their sencha.
Trust me.

Flavors: Dry Grass

190 °F / 87 °C 3 min, 0 sec 12 OZ / 360 ML

Probably my favorite green ever. So smooth with a slight nuttiness. Excellent with a tiny bit of sugar.

Flavors: Nuts