Jasmine Green

Green Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by CHAroma

3 Images

• “As a jasmine lover, I was a little surprised to see that this tea wasn't yet on the website - I remedied that though! (Thanks to TeaEqualsBliss for sending me this sample!) The dry leaf has a...” Read full tasting note
    LiberTEAS 4315 tasting notes
  • “Sipdown #35 This isn’t a bad jasmine green tea, but it’s not among the best I’ve tried (I’m looking at you, Verdant & Teavivre). The jasmine is strong and flavorful in the first steep and...” Read full tasting note
    CHAroma 509 tasting notes
  • “I am still learning to brew green tea properly. The first thing I've got to learn is to be less lazy - I should use a thermometer to measure the temperature of the water before I become capable of...” Read full tasting note
    larukucafe 302 tasting notes
  • “This is a wonderful light jasmine! The green tea is clearly of good quality, and neither flavor/aroma overpowers the other, which is nice. Next time I think I'll let the water cool down a bit...” Read full tasting note
    teatiemz 19 tasting notes

From Tea Forte

Rare and exceptional Yin Hao green tea is married with intoxicatingly fragrant jasmine blossoms. The scenting of the tea is a meticulous process taking several days, resulting in an exquisite cup of sublime, sweet flavor.

Ingredients: organic green tea, organic jasmine flowers

Steeping Guidelines: 2-4 minutes at 175 degrees

Certifications: Kosher Certified, USDA Organic

Caffeine: Moderate caffeine (30-50mg)

About Tea Forte View company

As a jasmine lover, I was a little surprised to see that this tea wasn’t yet on the website – I remedied that though!

(Thanks to TeaEqualsBliss for sending me this sample!)

The dry leaf has a very pleasant yet somewhat subtle jasmine aroma – The fragrance of the liquor becomes much softer almost to the point of being non-existent but not quite. I generally do prefer it when the liquor is a little more fragrant than this, but there is something about this aroma that is intoxicating, even though it’s quite subtle.

The flavor is so lovely. Sweet jasmine with a hint of sharpness (but in a good way). The Sencha is smooth and vegetal – slightly grassy but not too harsh. It has a very nice sweetness that makes me want to keep sipping and a beautiful feminine quality that makes this taste so luxurious and indulgent.

Sipdown #35

This isn’t a bad jasmine green tea, but it’s not among the best I’ve tried (I’m looking at you, Verdant & Teavivre). The jasmine is strong and flavorful in the first steep and quieter in the second. The end of the sip leans towards bitterness, so I probably should have used a little cooler water.

I’m also not sure if the bitterness is originating from the jasmine flavoring or the green base. I brewed the second infusion at 180 degrees for four minutes and the bitterness was noticeably less apparent. So, I think it’s safe to say that 185 degrees is just too hot for this particular tea.

This is similar to Tea Forte’s Earl Grey. There’s a harshness to the flavoring that dulls the overall flavor profile, making it flat and one dimensional in the second steep. It doesn’t dance across the tongue. Like I said, overall it’s not bad. But I think I’ll stick to the other jasmine teas I’ve found.

I am still learning to brew green tea properly. The first thing I’ve got to learn is to be less lazy – I should use a thermometer to measure the temperature of the water before I become capable of visual estimation. This is not the first time I scalded green tea leaves… there’s some bitterness in the liquor along with the expected grassiness and jasmine flavours (which is rather subtle). :( Can’t say I enjoy it… I am glad that there’s still a bag of these left so I have a second chance!!

This is a wonderful light jasmine! The green tea is clearly of good quality, and neither flavor/aroma overpowers the other, which is nice. Next time I think I’ll let the water cool down a bit more though- it’s just a wee bit scalded with a 2:45 steep time ~2:00 post boiling.

The jasmine was overwhelming on the first brew.

Second time was more balanced.