Hazelnut Truffle

Edit tea info Last updated by Debbie

2 Images

• “This is Yum! I wish that the chocolate was stronger (of course), but I like the balance of flavors. Pleasant! The black tea is fairly mellow but tasty. The hazelnut is the strongest component...” Read full tasting note
    LiberTEAS 4231 tasting notes
  • “This smells mostly like Hazelnut. I can taste a lot of the hazelnut too! I think the coconut is more in the aftertaste and the chocolate hints are very VERY slight. I wasn't sure how I felt...” Read full tasting note
    teaequalsbliss 6770 tasting notes
  • “For a bagged tea, this is really good. Not as fresh as loose leaf, but it still tastes great. I am getting an unsweetened dark chocolate note on first sip, and then a light hazelnut flavour...” Read full tasting note
    tigress_al 767 tasting notes
  • “A coworker of mine got some of this with her Tea forte order and HATES it. So of course I wanted to try it, but have been too much of a wuss to try it until now! Dry, it smells really nice, I get...” Read full tasting note
    Uniquity 675 tasting notes

From Tea Forte

A rich black tea with luscious Belgian chocolate, rosebuds, cacao and roasted coconut flakes. Enriched with notes of toasted Hazelnuts.

black tea, organic cacao shells, roasted coconut flakes, rose buds, chocolate chips, (sugar, cacao powder, soy lecithin), rose petals, natural hazelnut flavor, other natural flavors, contains soy

About Tea Forte View company

Another one of my samples to try. Was excited to try this since who could pass up the promise of dessert…hazelnut…chocolate truffle…oh baby! I’d be excited if it was chocolate hazelnut dirt! Anyway…back to my review…I tried a little after about 3 minutes…and it was a bit tasty, but weak…so I waited a little longer…4 minutes…nice and deep golden brown, the flavor nice and hazelnut with a deep coconut and slight hint of cinnamon taste. No chocolate. The flavor is a bit watery and somewhat cardboardy. Yep. Cardboard. I sat…hum…what’s missing? I had this sweet enough so that’s not the problem. Aha…add some cream…! And that me amigos is absolutamente correcto!

I only had a one-shot of this – alas – so I could only try it as a tea, which is too bad because this just screams, “Latte me NOW!” Oh well, c’est la vie. As a tea, I still think it holds up where it should. It’s a guilty pleasure without the guilt part. Subtleties escape me in describing the flavor because there really aren’t that many. It’s all chocolate and hazelnut like its moniker declares.

Full Review: http://www.teaviews.com/2011/01/07/review-tea-forte-hazelnut-truffle-2/

If I only had one nitpick it would be that the black tea base doesn’t appear to be of high quality. As with a lot of dessert teas, I found it quite bitter on the forefront. That said, it does what it sets out to do.

This is very much a proper coffee alternative. I am reminded of the hazelnut coffee sweetener, with a nice sweet nutty aroma.

Steeping lessens the sweetness, but gives a more full coffee-like scent with hazelnut highlights.

The flavor is a very rounded nutty chocolate, with subtle hints of the hazelnut and coconut. I like that it works unsweetened, with a very mellow characteristic.

Not bad, it would probably be better as an early afternoon pick-me-up, with a bit of rock sugar.

I’m not sure how I feel about this tea. I steeped it for 6 minutes, and still found it quite bland. I kept steeping it for another 3-4 minutes, but probably should have stopped a bit earlier, as I found the tea a little bitter.

I thought there would be more of a chocolate taste, but the hazelnut is excellent. This tea is going to take some experimentation.

Boiling 8 min or more

The smell of this tea is heavenly; the chocolate and hazelnut smell is present from opening the bag to brewing the tea. I think that I may have not steeped it long enough or the water wasn’t hot enough because the flavor was kind of muted. The chocolate taste is fairly faint, but the hazelnut is pretty strong, but still really yummy!

Strong Nutty Hazelnut Flavors, not so much chocolate.

Had a little bit of a headache when I woke up, sometimes it means that I need caffeine. I wasn’t in the mood for coffee so I rustled through my box of tea to find something black. This was the first one I stumbled on and it sounded tasty. I received single steeps with my order of a Kati Cup so, that’s what I did this morning . A single steep in the Kati Cup for about four minutes.

After the addition of splenda, this became more drinkable. It seems creamy. At first I really liked the idea of chocolate-flavored teas. However, most that I have tried are just plain, “yuck”. This seems like it would satisfy a sweet-tooth well without the “yuck” factor. I can’t see keeping this in stock as I feel there are better blacks out there. I just need to find the ones I like.

Boiling 4 min, 0 sec 8 OZ / 236 ML

Since I’ve never had either hazelnut or chocolate in my tea before, I can’t be sure what exactly is making me dislike this tea. It’s not terrible – and actually woke me up quite well – but I’m not sure I’ll rebuy again for myself after my infusers are gone.