Hazelnut Truffle

Black Tea, Cacao, Chocolate Chips, Coconut, Hazelnut Natural Flavouring, Natural Flavours, Rose Petals
Butter, Cocoa, Hazelnut, Malt, Nutty, Chocolate
Loose Leaf, Sachet
Edit tea info Last updated by Debbie

2 Images

From Tea Forte

A rich black tea with luscious Belgian chocolate, rosebuds, cacao and roasted coconut flakes. Enriched with notes of toasted Hazelnuts.

black tea, organic cacao shells, roasted coconut flakes, rose buds, chocolate chips, (sugar, cacao powder, soy lecithin), rose petals, natural hazelnut flavor, other natural flavors, contains soy

About Tea Forte View company

Another one of my samples to try. Was excited to try this since who could pass up the promise of dessert…hazelnut…chocolate truffle…oh baby! I’d be excited if it was chocolate hazelnut dirt! Anyway…back to my review…I tried a little after about 3 minutes…and it was a bit tasty, but weak…so I waited a little longer…4 minutes…nice and deep golden brown, the flavor nice and hazelnut with a deep coconut and slight hint of cinnamon taste. No chocolate. The flavor is a bit watery and somewhat cardboardy. Yep. Cardboard. I sat…hum…what’s missing? I had this sweet enough so that’s not the problem. Aha…add some cream…! And that me amigos is absolutamente correcto!

I only had a one-shot of this – alas – so I could only try it as a tea, which is too bad because this just screams, “Latte me NOW!” Oh well, c’est la vie. As a tea, I still think it holds up where it should. It’s a guilty pleasure without the guilt part. Subtleties escape me in describing the flavor because there really aren’t that many. It’s all chocolate and hazelnut like its moniker declares.

Full Review: http://www.teaviews.com/2011/01/07/review-tea-forte-hazelnut-truffle-2/

If I only had one nitpick it would be that the black tea base doesn’t appear to be of high quality. As with a lot of dessert teas, I found it quite bitter on the forefront. That said, it does what it sets out to do.

This is very much a proper coffee alternative. I am reminded of the hazelnut coffee sweetener, with a nice sweet nutty aroma.

Steeping lessens the sweetness, but gives a more full coffee-like scent with hazelnut highlights.

The flavor is a very rounded nutty chocolate, with subtle hints of the hazelnut and coconut. I like that it works unsweetened, with a very mellow characteristic.

Not bad, it would probably be better as an early afternoon pick-me-up, with a bit of rock sugar.

I’m not sure how I feel about this tea. I steeped it for 6 minutes, and still found it quite bland. I kept steeping it for another 3-4 minutes, but probably should have stopped a bit earlier, as I found the tea a little bitter.

I thought there would be more of a chocolate taste, but the hazelnut is excellent. This tea is going to take some experimentation.

Boiling 8 min or more

The smell of this tea is heavenly; the chocolate and hazelnut smell is present from opening the bag to brewing the tea. I think that I may have not steeped it long enough or the water wasn’t hot enough because the flavor was kind of muted. The chocolate taste is fairly faint, but the hazelnut is pretty strong, but still really yummy!

Strong Nutty Hazelnut Flavors, not so much chocolate.

I’m meh on this tea. It is definitely hazelnut, and a bit chocolatey, but I think I like my chocolate hazelnut in actual solid chocolate form and not tea.

I got a sachet of this as part of a sampler for my birthday. I’ll finish off the other sachet but won’t be buying this myself. It was interesting but not really my thing.

Oh no, I forgot I had this in my cupboard. It’s a single pyramid sealed with only thin cardboard. It’s been there since March-ish of last year. I hope it’s not stale.

I love these little pyramid sachets. I know it’s a gimmic, but the little leaf at the end of a stem is pretty to me. It looks like it’s growing out of my teacup. As it steeps, the water darkens at a slower pace than what I’m used to. During that time, the leaves really expand, filling the sachet to the top. The scent of it brewing is nutty and buttery. It smells like Nutella, almost, but not as sweet.

The tea has a very warm, dessert-like aroma. However, the actual flavor doesn’t pack as much of a punch. It’s mild and tastes more like hazelnut than chocolate. There is a bit of chocolate in the finish and on the exhale, I guess. It’s not that I really mind, but I’m left wondering if this tea grew weak from being old, not because it wasn’t good in the first place. Hard to say.

EDIT: There’s coconut in this tea?

Flavors: Butter, Cocoa, Hazelnut, Malt, Nutty

Boiling 4 min, 30 sec 8 OZ / 236 ML

A smooth, good-tasting tea with hazelnut flavoring and chocolate overtones. I tend to brew it with a lot more tea than recommended for a much richer brew.

Flavors: Chocolate, Hazelnut

’Here’s Hoping’ traveling teabox Round #2 // Tea #3

Steep #1 // just boiled // 3 min
I used two teaspoons of leaves. There is cacao in this, which I think every chocolate tea should have! I like it for the dusty chocolatiness of it… it does taste like a truffle. But oh if only this one didn’t have the sour coconut in it, it would be so much better. The coconut gives it an off scent that isn’t very appealing. But I like it anyway, so I kind of ignore the coconut.

Steep #2 // just boiled // 5 min
I added some of Zen’s Peppermint to the second steep since I had a headache and I’m pretty sure the peppermint made my headache disappear. But this cup was nice – chocolate & mint! The ingredient list is well thought out, but I’m cutting a few points in the rating for that coconut. I will probably remove some or all of this one from the teabox, as I’d love a cacao tea in my collection, but I’d also love it if others could see how nice cacao chocolate teas can be.