Cherry Cosmo

Fruit Tea
Cherry, Hibiscus
Edit tea info Last updated by Lisbet

From Tea Forte

Description: The deliciously relaxing taste of sweet plump cherries with a fragrant delighting of hibiscus blossoms and faint whispers of raspberry.

Ingredients: organic rosehips, organic hibiscus, organic apple pieces, organic raspberries, natural flavors

About Tea Forte View company

i’m usually more wary of teas with hibiscus as they always turn out too tart for me, but i absolutely love cherry, so this one was high on my list to try out.
smells kind of boozy! haha, i can imagine all these teas infusing really nicely in some vodka for fancy mixed drinks. maybe i’ll try that soon.
lovely deep pink hue, definitely a pretty tea. steeped it smells more like a cherry wine.
initially sweet with that tart hibiscus undertone. i don’t really get much of a cherry flavour sadly, more raspberry, which would go better with the tartness.
blech, it just gets worse. too tart. had to dump it out. :(
yeah, i’ll probably just infuse the rest of this in some vodka and mix it with a lot of… anything sweet!

Cherry is one of those flavors that gets me to buy things I wouldn’t normally. This tastes of something fruity but I’m not sure it’s cherry. After looking at the ingredient list, I see there isn’t anything cherry about this tea other than the name. Possibly the ‘natural flavors’ but who really knows. It tastes a lot like hibiscus. Who thought that would be a good pairing for almost anything herbal? The hibiscus generally overpowers whatever else it’s with and this is no exception. I suspect that some other people are right and it would be better as an iced tea.

Fourth in the tea sampler. I can see why some wouldn’t like it. It’s not very tea-ish. However… I think it’s pretty cherry cosmo-ish. I don’t get the alcohol part of the cosmo, but the cherry flavoring is pretty on. The cherry is definitely present throughout the brewing and tasting and the hibiscus adds a bit of tartness. It’s like a sour cherry candy. Like life savers. Or sprees. Or skittles. A little too tart for starbursts. It’s like, if one were to mate a cherry starburst and a lemon head, and then juice their children and serve it hot, you would get this tea.

I like it.

Full Review:

The name “Cherry Cosmo” described the scent of this right… it smelled of red cherries, alcohol and something else I couldn’t place.

The steeped tea is lighter in scent and you can get a hint of the raspberry and what I assume is the hibiscus others have mentioned since I don’t know/recognize that flavor/scent on its own.

The flavor isn’t very mouth-filling… it’s rather watery. It brings to mind cherry Sucrets. It’s also lightly tart. The taste that I’m learning is Hibiscus is rather strong as it cools.

It’s not bad by any means, but not delivering on its name nor that great in general. I’d not bother buying it.

I could really taste the cherries and the raspberries in this one.

2032 tasting notes

A friend of mine got me the herbal tea sampler as a bribe for something she didn’t need to bribe me for.

So of course I have to try them all!

This one smells pretty good. A little cherry-amaretto, along with the hibiscus.

Unfortunately the flavour is almost all hibiscus. I think this might do better as a cold brew.

Actually, it’s even doing better as it cools.

Not bad, but not something I’d seek out.

195 °F / 90 °C 4 min, 0 sec 12 OZ / 354 ML

A lovely tea. Perfect first thing in the morning when I got to work.

Flavors: Cherry, Hibiscus

200 °F / 93 °C
Chris Coppens

Glad you enjoyed it!

Another Tea Advent Calendar tea. This one just didn’t work for me. It sounded heavenly, but I didn’t enjoy it.

Very well balanced tea between the cherry and raspberries. You would think it could be overpowering or too sour, but I did not find that to be the case. Very nice finish and lingering flavor on the palate