Kiwi Lime Ginger

Fruit Herbal Rooibos Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by Debbie

2 Images

• “This was a free sample from Tea Forte and I thank them for it. When I opened the package to ready it for making I could smell the kiwi and lime, but only a hint of the ginger. As it steeped the...” Read full tasting note
    ThePurrfectCup 374 tasting notes
  • “First off, I like the concept of this packaging (single steeps) but the reality kind of bothers me. I try to avoid single use packaging in my day to day things, buying a tub of yogurt instead of...” Read full tasting note
    Uniquity 697 tasting notes
  • “I was a little worried about brewing this single steep package in my KATI tumbler because I thought that the rooibos leaves would fall through the mesh on the strainer, but, surprisingly, it did...” Read full tasting note
    LiberTEAS 4449 tasting notes
  • “Tea #11 from *Traveling Tea Box C* We seem to be on a roll tonight! My husband did hog the first cup of this - he loved it so much he wouldn't share! - so this is actually a re-steep. With that...” Read full tasting note
    wheezybee 251 tasting notes

From Tea Forte

The sunny scent of fresh picked citrus complemented by the comfort and taste of ginger with a lingering finish of the tropics

About Tea Forte View company

This would make an outstanding cocktail. It’s simply delicious- a bright, vivid lime with a backdrop of the ginger. I might have to acquire more of this one just to make the best iced tea ever- if not this summer, than really any season in Houston. This is so limey that I’m almost tempted to think about lime lollypops, but I hate lollypops and am enjoying this, so…. maybe I shouldn’t have brought up lollypops. Again, I say, why do I not order more often from Tea Forte? They’re excellent tea mixologists. They’re going on my Steepster shopping list.

Blegh. This should just be called Ginger Ginger Ginger. And I like ginger but this has the same medicinal scent/taste that Apricot Amaretto does, both dry and brewed. Maybe I tried this too soon after that experience, but I had to pour this baby out. Sadness!!!

I have to mention how beautiful all of Tea Forte’s packaging and the actual teas look – which is why I have about 15 more flavors on hand to try! I am a little worried.

Backlogging..

SO I wasn’t a fan of this one. I didn’t want to write the review really, haha, so I’ll keep it short and sweet! Again, a huge thanks to Tea Forte for the extremely generous samples.

For me, being a ginger, I love ginger. It’s in my blood :D Anyways, I do love ginger. The ginger in this wasn’t enough for me, it didn’t tingle really and I could hardly taste it – although I knew it was there. I liked the dry smell, very limey and fruity, but it was almost too “thick” for me, even after a short steep. Maybe if it was a bit more tart it would have ‘fit’ better, I’m no expert though haha!

Not tasty pour moi, and I only have one tea forte sample left! Wish me luck :)

The dry and steeped tisane smells more like something you’d rub on you than drink.

The taste isn’t far off, either. Not horrible though, but quite strange. I can’t taste any of the fruit in this, just moderated Vicks.

The ginger makes my stomach warm/burn as though I’d swallowed Vicks, too. Not in a good way.

It’s not so bad as to want to spit out, but I probably won’t finish the cup and definitely won’t be buying it.

Got this in a swap from darby. :) So glad I did! My husband made this for us when it was rather late, and we wanted something to sip while watching a movie. I think what I love best about this tea is how powerful each flavor is! The brew smells mostly of ginger, but as you sip, you really do get the flavors in the order they’re in in the title—first the kiwi, very juicy, then the lime, and then the ginger, making a tangy finish. I love it, even if I’m not sure I’ll be in the mood for it all the time. Again, I’m very grateful for a chance to try it! I’ll be logging this one again. :3

Based on two experiences: my wife’s and my own

Experience buying from Tea Forte: Good. Website is very colorful and easy to navigate. Sent free samples after responding to an invitation on Steepster. Package came in reasonable amount of time. Other than sending my address, no e-mail or phone contact.

Age of leaf: Unknown. Steeped within a month or so of receiving.

Packaging: Creative: each tea came in a silver and somewhat transparent plastic bag with five smaller “Single Steeps” packs attached to a colorful paper backing describing each tea. The tiny tea foil packs themselves were the most colorful and most professional-looking tea packages I have ever seen—with a picture of the fruit that the tea replicates prominently displayed on it.

Dry leaf: Great scent: sweet and fruity, possibly with a piney smell?

Brewing guidelines: (package states 12 oz. I used closer to 16 oz.) I used a metal basket strainer inside a ceramic 16 oz. Cup. Two steepings: 1st: boiling, 3mins. 2nd: boiling, 5 mins. (the next day). Small amount of Stevia added.

Aroma: This was hard for me to pin down; it was pleasant, though.

Color of liquor: a light, rosy, orange.

Wet leaf: sweet and pleasant.

Flavor: A sweet lime flavor, mixed in with some flavor I could not place, possibly mint. I liked it.

Value: Free sample, but their price on their website is more than I would be willing to pay if I purchased it.

Overall: The whole experience was enjoyable from when I opened the package and smelled the dried tea to the finishing flavor in the cup. Something fun to curl up with on a dark, cold night. If the price was right, I would consider buying it.

Augh! Sneaky rooibus strikes again. There’s a mixed box of Tea Forte bags in the breakroom at work, and I thought Kiwi Lime Ginger sounded just the thing for my scratchy throat. Brewed it up, sat down and took a sniff. Nice, very fruity… not really a tea smell… hey wait, is this not a green? I brought it up here, and saw the dreaded Word. Rooibus. Grabbed the little box each bag comes in… it just says “organic herbal tea / naturally caffeine free” D’oh! dumps tea Dangit :( I don’t know why I assumed it would be a green.

Without Steepster to save me, I would have drank it and had an unpleasant surprise when the stomach cramps set in! Thanks Steepster!

Not rating it, since it might be a perfectly lovely tea – I actually like the taste of rooibus, just not its effects on my stomach!

TeaBrat

weird, I thought rooibos was supposed to be good for your stomach. Not in your case, evidently!

Skulleigh

Yup, it’s one of the purported benefits… but not for moi. I get stomach aches and cramps. Which makes me sad since people seem to want to put it in half the herbal blends these days.

I’m not a huge fan of ginger, so I was happy when it was a subtle hint to complement the kiwi and lime flavors.

smelled great out of the package, loved the vibrant lime. After steeping, even the smell was off putting, and it tasted just like it. The lime only comes thru slightly at the end, and it’s overwhelming with ginger (not a huge fan of ginger), overall I’m not sure If I’ll be able to finish the cup and defiantly won’t be re-purchasing.