Cherry Marzipan

Fruit Green Rooibos Blend
Almond
Edit tea info Last updated by Tabby

• “Sipdown!! (203) Thank you *JennyFur* for this blend. Although tbh, I won't be missing it now that it is gone. The vegetal base is just too prominent for my liking. The cherry and marzipan...” Read full tasting note
    rachel12610 1847 tasting notes
  • “I did end up returning to EcoDenizen, as their prices are very similar to Tea Forte's online ones. It would actually be cheaper for me to get my teas there because of the website's shipping...” Read full tasting note
    tabby 467 tasting notes
  • “This is the first that I've tried from Tea Forte's skin smart line. It is sweet and pleasantly tart, with a lovely cherry/berry taste. The almond tastes sweet and nutty. Overall a very tasty...” Read full tasting note
    LiberTEAS 4322 tasting notes
  • “Oh...this is fun! This has semi-tart-sweet cherries without it being too tart and a semi-grassy green tea base PLUS a nutty-sweet almond taste trying to hide underneath. Fairly candy-like and...” Read full tasting note
    teaequalsbliss 6770 tasting notes

From Tea Forte

Special reserve green tea with the tart-sweet lushness of acerola cherries and the depth of nutty toasted almond.

Ingredients: SKIN SMART ECO TEABAGS CONTAIN, organic green tea, Fair Trade Certified™ organic green tea, organic rooibos, natural cherry flavor, organic raspberry leaves, natural almond flavor, natural flavoring (berry), organic acerola cherry extract, (organic acerola, organic maltodextrin), SKIN SMART LOOSE TEAS CONTAIN, Fair Trade Certified™ organic green tea, natural cherry flavor, organic raspberries, natural almond flavor, other natural flavors

Steeping Guidelines: 2-4 minutes at 175 degrees

Certifications: Fair Trade Certified, ORAC, USDA Organic

About Tea Forte View company

I received a sample of this in my December Birchbox, so naturally, the next day, I brewed myself a cup. This tea was my first experience with Tea Forte, although I’d heard of them before.

My reaction upon tearing open the packaging and smelling the teabag probably looked something like this – !!!!!. YUM. A previous reviewer described the scent as a sweet chocolate covered cherry and I find it spot on. In fact, I still have the pouch at my desk a few hours later, and am still sniffing it. It smells THAT good.

Brewed to a nice warm honey color after 4 minutes, and the taste is much milder than I had anticipated, much to my delight. Smooth and gently sweet, but not so much that you can’t taste the hint of green tea underneath, which the almond compliments really nicely IMO. The cherry is definitely noted when I smell the cup, but isn’t an overpowering taste. It’s sweetly subtle, letting you know it’s there without drowning your taste buds.

The aftertaste of this tea is wonderful – light cherry with just a smidge of almond nuttiness.

This is a fantastic tea. I could easily see myself drinking multiple cups of this during my day – my sign of something wonderful. If I can’t find this locally I’ll happily order online.

I’m a little confused with the prep on this tea. It is green but the instructions say to brew it at boiling for three minutes. I ended up doing 175 in fear of burning this tea. I do get an almond cherry which is nice, but it does seem to lack some depth. I get the rooibos dry mouth at the end. It is not bad. It is missing something to make it an awesome tea, but I couldn’t tell you what it is.

Anna

Oh! Oh! Oh! I have a bag of this in the kitchen! I will try mine soon.

The last time I purchased a cherry-flavored green tea, it was called “Sakura Cherry Blossom,” or something to that effect, so the possibility that it might be artificially flavored never even crossed my mind. An artificially flavored JAPANESE tea? was basically my ignorant assumption. It turned out that, despite the use of “Sakura” in the name, the tea had been sourced from other parts and the flavoring was indeed artificial. The big bag sits in my pantry to this day.

Why am I such a stickler for natural flavoring? Well, because aside from vanillin, which is a natural component of vanilla, the other “artificial flavors” used in food stuffs and beverages could literally be n’importe quoi. All bets are off, people. Remember melamine in cat food and toothpaste? Like I was saying.

Fortunately, no such problem with this cherry-flavored green tea blend from Tea Forte: Cherry Marzipan. The name makes it sound as though it’s going to be some sort of über-decadent dessert tea. Far from it, in fact. The cherry flavoring is quite marked on this somewhat bitter but clean green tea. For me, the marzipan facet has more to do with the aroma. I’m not tasting the almond so much as smelling it.

Notwithstanding the decadent-sounding name, this is a fairly clean green Japanese-style tea laced with cherry. It’s pretty good, but the slight bitterness leads me to believe that the instructions given on the filter bag envelope were wrong. “Near boil” is probably too hot for this brew, and I’ll keep the steep to the lower end of the 3-5 minute range next time…

I would never have guessed that this is a rooibos blend. All the better, I suppose.

If I keep drinking these “skin radiance” teas, I should have the most radiant skin around. Or wait: don’t I already, since I drink green and white tea all the time? Isn’t the biggest contributor to skin radiance just plain water? No one can reasonably deny that I am well hydrated.

Unlike my father, this tea keeps it’s promises. The cherry, also unlike my father, is very present. The almond flavour is a great finishing note, the sweet flavour a perfect facsimile of the marzipan icing on the New Year’s Cake me and my mother ate in our little flat on New Year’s, 1986, knowing my father would never came back. We both knew it, we never said it. Words would’ve made it too real.

10.6/10 Would drink again.

I can see where some dislike the bitterness, but I like getting some strong flavor. The cherry is more a scent than a taste.

*Prepared without sweetener.

This tea has a really nice taste. I was afraid the cherry would be too overpowering, but it’s not. I like that you can still taste the almond in the tea. I tried this tea both hot and cold and it was very good both ways. The nutty taste comes through a little more when it’s cold, but it’s still good. I do think it tastes better hot though.

I have to say thanks again to Tea Forte for sending me these samples! This will be my second tasting from this line.
The very first thing that hit me when I opened this package is the fact that it smells a bit like cherry pop tarts. What a surprising flavor! The cherry is really there and the marzipan is light, but also present. I can taste the green tea in the forefront as well, but in a very nice way. A+ for a bagged tea!