Swiss Apple

Rooibos Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by seule771

• “Oh dear, it's a rooibos. Rooibos and I don't really get along, but that's with one exception: apple cinnamon. I'll admit right here in front of all of Steepster that I genuinely like Tazo's Organic...” Read full tasting note
    tabby 478 tasting notes
  • “Someone left these at work for others to drink and I decided to take one. I rarely drink teabags but I like to try apple teas so here I am. I don't understand what chocolate is doing in this tea...” Read full tasting note
    Uniquity 698 tasting notes
  • “Of the teas/tisanes from the skin-smart line, I think that this one is my favorite. Which is pretty surprising to me since this is a rooibos tisane. But... it doesn't taste like rooibos. What it...” Read full tasting note
    LiberTEAS 4460 tasting notes
  • “I received my sample from Tea Forte Saturday. I finally got around to trying it at work yesterday. When I opened the package my mouth began to water. The bagged tea smelled really good! Even my...” Read full tasting note
    ThePurrfectCup 374 tasting notes

From Tea Forte

Naturally caffeine-free rooibos tea with the taste of fresh crsip apples, the euphoric flavor of delicious, deep dark Alpine chocolate, and a tingle of cinnamon.

Steeping instruction recommends:
bringing freshly drawn, cold water to boil
place filter bag in cup
slowly pour water over filterbag and allow to steep for 3-5 minutes.

About Tea Forte View company

Yesterday was my birthday, and I turned 27. But alas, I was unable to celebrate it because I was working a 12 hour clinical shift at the local children’s hospital. I got lots of phone calls and birthday texts to make the day wonderful, but the curling up and relaxing with tea didn’t happen because I fell into bed exhausted by 8 PM.

Ah well, there’s always next year to celebrate. Or in this case, there’s a next day to drink some of the free samples that Tea Forte so generously provided me with. I’ve wanted to try the skin smart teas for a while now because some of the flavors just look amazing! This one caught my eye first and it just smelled so fall-like that I had to give it a go.

The smell of dry leaf and steeped tea is strongly cinnamon, and maaaayyybe a hint of apples in the background. As to the taste, there is a strong cinnamon tinge and a juicy texture reminiscent of apple juice. The flavor is really all cinnamon, though. Not bad, but not accurate to the description. Luckily I like cinnamon, so it’s drinkable.

*I will say that I made a mistake and brewed hot water in my Keurig and accidentally put on the large setting, with is 9.5 ounces, whereas I’m pretty sure the tea bag was supposed to be used with only 8 oz. of water. Not a huge difference in volume, I know, but the tea tastes a bit watery and that may be contributing to it. I’ll use the smaller size next on the other teas in the collection, and out of fairness will refrain from rating it formally, but as it is right now I’d give it a 65 or so.

Boiling 8 min or more

I have to thank Tea Forte for this sample!
I am sitting here with my piping hot cup and recovering from a three day down time from the newest school-stress induced cold. I’ve been waiting for this to arrive and it couldn’t have come at a better time! I saw this product when it was first released on the Tea Forte site and I was really excited when I saw the flavor combinations. I was even more excited when I found out I was going to be able to sample them!
This is a pretty good tea! I like the more subtle cinnamon in this mix and I think I can taste some of the chocolate that the description talks about. I think that this would be very nice on a cold, autumn day. The added bonus for me with this particular tea in the set is it is the only rooibos tea; so it is a good anytime tea. I think that some rooibos blends lack flavor and this one wasn’t skimping!

I was happy to find a bookstore on a recent trip that sold individual packets of the Tea Forte skin-smart line. I had been curious about them, but after buying a huge can of Honey Yuzu (which my boyfriend and I can’t stand!), I wasn’t willing to buy a whole container.
The bag smelled quite strongly of cinnamon, but I was surprised that it didn’t seem strongly brewed after 5 minutes. I left the bag in the tea as I drank it, hoping that the flavors would become more pronounced.
I think I can taste a bit of sweet apple at the start of each sip, and if I think about chocolate I can imagine its flavor as an aftertaste. But in a blind test I would never have come up with chocolate.
It is a light flavor, but very good for a decaf tea! I don’t usually like herbals and I’m not too fond of a strong rooibos flavor, but I don’t get a strong rooibos flavor from this tea.

I’m really starting to love rooibos! This tea is excellent.

This is my first tea from this company, and I have to say I did enjoy it. It has a very nice taste to it. I like the apple taste and the spice mixed together and that neither taste overpowers the other.