Coconut Chocolate Truffle

Chocolate, Coconut
Edit tea info Last updated by Janefan

• “Dry teabag has almost boozy smell. Brewed 5-6 min in abt 7oz water. Added a tiny bit of 1% milk to add creaminess. Fairly flavorful for tea forte (It's a reg. teabag not their weird pyramid sachet,...” Read full tasting note
    janefan 2447 tasting notes
  • “Wow, I am gulping this down like there's no tomorrow. I picked this up as a gift to myself for getting through hectic holiday shopping (which is my own fault since it's Dec 22nd). The coconut and...” Read full tasting note
    biancag 101 tasting notes
  • “Took this with me while I was out of the house and I could not stop drinking it! Coconut and chocolate - sinful on a Sunday morning! I tried cold brewing this for 11 hours - not great for how I...” Read full tasting note
    WillWorkForTea 135 tasting notes
  • “a very light chocolate taste followed by a hint of coconut. i'd expect something called truffle to be a lot creamier tasting. milk & honey helped flavour it up a bit. for a brand called tea forte,...” Read full tasting note
    AmandaEarl 60 tasting notes

From Tea Forte

This delectable and decadent organic black tea begins with the smooth and seductive taste of chocolate cacao nibs and creamy island coconut. A hint of hazelnut is added to this confectionery cup for an entrancing tropical truffle.

Steeping Guidelines:
Steep for 3-5 minutes, 208°F

Ingredients:
organic cacao nibs, organic carob, organic black tea, organic coconut pieces, natural coconut flavor, organic roasted chicory root, natural chocolate flavor, natural hazelnut flavor, other natural flavors

About Tea Forte View company

Dry teabag has almost boozy smell. Brewed 5-6 min in abt 7oz water. Added a tiny bit of 1% milk to add creaminess. Fairly flavorful for tea forte (It’s a reg. teabag not their weird pyramid sachet, but it musta had a hole as some tea, etc. leaked out while brewing.)

Very good w/ a Chocolate Dipped Coconut flavor Lunabar. Like having an Almond Joy for dessert, only healthier!

Wow, I am gulping this down like there’s no tomorrow. I picked this up as a gift to myself for getting through hectic holiday shopping (which is my own fault since it’s Dec 22nd). The coconut and chocolate are definitely there (I’m glad I picked them up since they’re two flavours I have trouble tasting in teas). I added soy egg nog to it since it was the only milk substitute in the house and the spices are giving the tea a nice kick.

Boiling water, 3m30s. Rating: 75

Took this with me while I was out of the house and I could not stop drinking it! Coconut and chocolate – sinful on a Sunday morning!

I tried cold brewing this for 11 hours – not great for how I was planning on using it (iced and dirty). This really needs to be brewed the regular way, then iced if it’s to be enjoyed cold. So I reused the 3 teabags in about 4 ounces of boiling water and added that to the cold water the bags had been spending the night in. So much better! Threw it in my tumbler with ice a bit of sweetener and a tad of milk – AWESOME! Really glad I stock up on this one!

I am a little confused: How much caffeine does this really have? Bought a few boxes of this delicious tea at my local big box retailer. On Tea Forté’s box of 16 filterbags it states there “contains very little caffeine”. However on the company’s website it states the caffeine level is “robust”. The ingredient list is the same on both the box and website. I will use this in the morning or afternoon as it does contain some black tea in it.

a very light chocolate taste followed by a hint of coconut. i’d expect something called truffle to be a lot creamier tasting. milk & honey helped flavour it up a bit. for a brand called tea forte, forte meaning strong, i don’t think it’s living up to its name.

Much more coconut than chocolate here, which is fine by me. The nuttiness is almost chewy, in fact, and with a splash of milk it’s a delectably creamy treat.

yssah - Love is Tea (LIT)

pls add me. gotta pm you :)

It’s really good. This was a part of a three flavor Coconut variety pack. It’s really light, yet still flavorful. No sweetener is required. It’s yummy as is!

Flavors: Chocolate, Coconut

4 min, 45 sec 12 OZ / 354 ML

I haven’t actually had this in loose leaf format. I found a pre-bagged variety at my local Meijer, so I bought it because I was curious. I actually like this! It’s not too terribly sweet, but you can still taste the coconut and the cocoa at the end of the sip. The smell is lovely, both in dry form and as it’s steeping. I like to add a little bit of whole milk and a teensy pinch of sweetener to mine. Yum!