Citrus Mint

Herbal Tea
Bitter, Grass, Lemon Zest, Peppermint, Vegetal
Edit tea info Last updated by takgoti

From Tea Forte

Origin
Our peppermint is grown in Eastern Europe while much of our citrus comes from Spain

Health Benefits
Thought by some archaeologists to be one of the oldest medicines in the world, peppermint is now known for its soothing effects on the digestive system. Additionally, the menthol in peppermint is a good expectorant and decongestant, explaining why mint teas are so wonderful when you have a cold or flu.

Steeping Guidelines
Steep for 5 minutes, 208°F
For stronger flavor, steep longer.

peppermint, lemon peel

Caffeine Level
Naturally Caffeine-Free

Certifications
Kosher

About Tea Forte View company

I had this with dinner at a restaurant the other day and really loved it. The citrus is bright, the mint is strong, and it’s just super tasty all around. It actually went quite nicely with a savory meal. Definitely something I would drink again.

I really thought I already logged this one but here goes (again)

I needed something to get rid of the super tarty hibiscus from my last cuppa. This did the trick! More Minty than Citrus but that certainly fits the bill! This is fairly gentle and I like it just fine!

I hadn’t read this part of the description: “the menthol in peppermint is a good expectorant and decongestant, explaining why mint teas are so wonderful when you have a cold or flu”, but I guess my body has a wisdom all its own, because I naturally reached for this tea now that I am down with a cold. And indeed while drinking it I HAVE noticed that my throat and chest feel better (not just the hot liquid, I think).
I am not in great shape, so I’ve been mainlining tea, and the combination of citrus and mint is probably one of the best I could pick while ill. Other than that- it’s a decent tea, but the citrus flavor really takes a backseat to the aggressive peppermint.
Is it nap time yet?

Served: Hot

Tasting Notes:
Dry Leaf Smell: peppermint gum
Steeped Tea Smell: peppermint gum
Flavor: peppermint gum, no lemon
Body: Medium
Aftertaste: mint
Liquor: light translucent brown

Refreshing, probably better iced with sugar. This is more a soothing cup for afternoons than a before bed steep, like I am doing now. Mint is too peppy for pre-sleep drinking.

Although this is enjoyable, it’s not unique or special. I am not getting the promised lemon which might have turned this from a generic minty tea to something a little more special.

images: http://amazonv.blogspot.com/2010/04/tea-forte-teabag-herbal-tea-citrus-mint.html

Thank you to TeaEqualsBliss for sending me some of this!

YUM!

I steeped my cup for 8 minutes, which results in a very strong and pleasant cup, the two ingredients (lemon peel and peppermint) taste very vibrant. A very nice night-time cup!

195 °F / 90 °C 8 min or more

A refreshing mint tea that is perfect for my (depressed) mood right now. It smells kinda orange (instead of lemon) but I can’t really taste anything citric. Though to a mint tea lover like me, I guess that isn’t a problem at all. :)

I love this tea, its sooo good, especially on a cold night after boredom has set in, and all you have to do is talk to people on facebook. The mint is an excellent combo with the citrus, the aroma is very nice.

Sorry, this one isn’t for me. I generally do like sweeter teas, but I love a good mint with lemon as well. This just didn’t do it for me. Honestly, for what you pay, I could have gotten something that tasted exactly the same at Wal-mart for 1/3 of the price. This is not very good. Off tasting to me.

Flavors: Bitter, Grass, Lemon Zest, Peppermint, Vegetal

Another from my Tea Forte Advent Calendar. I liked this one! I had it hot during my afternoon break at work. It had a nice little zing from the mint and citrus that perked me up during the draggy part of my day. I may not order this one, but then again, I might.

Great tea !! Perfect flavor and aroma !! Love it !!