Belgian Mint

Edit tea info Last updated by TeaEqualsBliss

From Tea Forte

Steeping Guidelines

Steep for 5 minutes, 208°F
For stronger flavor, steep longer.

cacao, peppermint

About Tea Forte View company

Backlogging. The only chocolate/peppermint blend I have enjoyed because the peppermint usually overwelms the chocolate. I could taste the peppermint and the the chocolate. And abit of sugar made this nice and sweet. This was a good tea.

As a mint tea it’s ok, but if it’s a “chocolate herbal tea” as they call it, it ought to have stronger chocolate flavour! Apart from peppermint all I can taste is some bitterness which is hardly like chocolate… it’s not unpleasant, but as a chocolate fan I am disappointed.

Not too bad. I find it’s a fine line with mint chocolate teas as each drinker normally has a very ingrained sense of perfection and anything outside of what they expect is often disliked.

For me this was a nice tea, not an extrordinary tea, not a bad tea, just nice. It didn’t have a strong or overwhelming cacao flavour but that is all the better to enjoy the mint tones. I repetedly thought as I drank it that it was so very smooth. It goes so well with a rainy spring day & a soft blanket!

Drank this again late last night. It hit the spot with both sweet and minty. Still not GREAt but drinkable.

Like the others, I struggled with this tasting. I’ve always enjoyed other Chocolate Mint blends so I had high hopes for this. I enjoyed all the individual flavors but it wasn’t what I expected. With Belgian in the title, I thought that it would taste like dark chocolate rather than the frosty malt taste. I like that it was caffeine free. I’ve always enjoyed the presentation of the Tea Forte pyramid bags in a shallow cup so it was a nice experience. Although I would probably pass on this as a loose tea.

Fresh mint with a hint of warm, almost malty cocoa. It’s interesting that I seem to taste the mint and chocolate one after the other instead of both mixed together. Anyway, anything that has chocolate in the ingredient list is always a plus.

Received in a sample gift set from my mother. Prior to steeping it smelled like mint, chocolate, and a woodsy type scent. After steeping it was more like a smoked cocoa mint but less woodsy than before the steep. The coloring is a light brown. The taste is slightly bitter but not bad. I think it’s from the coco attempt which isn’t well known while tasting but the mint is nice – again not over powering but moreso than the coco. There’s a malty taste in there as well…can’t quite put my finger on in…all-in-all it’s a fair attempt at something different…I think I will give it a thumbs up.