Sweet Ginger Plum

Herbal Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Perspicacitea
Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 8 oz / 236 ml

• “*MissB* sent this to me and though I am very glad I got to try it, I am also glad there was only one cup worth to try. This tea is just not for me. I am finding I really do not like the hibiscus in...” Read full tasting note
    rachel12610 1363 tasting notes
  • “As a herbal tea this was not bad, though I always like "real teas" more than tisanes. The alarming ruby red colour of the liquor would probably activate the hibiscus alert in everybody's head, but...” Read full tasting note
    larukucafe 299 tasting notes
  • “I don't know how I feel about this one. I do know that it is the first tea with ginger that I have been able to drink. It was drinkable, I just don't know if I will order it in the future. I...” Read full tasting note
    KKpeltzer 56 tasting notes

From Tea Forte

A delicious botanical blend of tangy hibiscus with the deep resonance of plum, cranberry and fig, accented with the tingle of cinnamon and warmth of ginger.

Ingredients: hibiscus, rose hips, orange peels, sweet blackberry leaves, coconut pieces, cinnamon, cranberries, natural plum flavor, ginger, cornflower petals, other natural flavors and figs, (figs, maltodextrin), other natural flavoring (spice).

About Tea Forte View company

MissB sent this to me and though I am very glad I got to try it, I am also glad there was only one cup worth to try. This tea is just not for me. I am finding I really do not like the hibiscus in this blend as it is cutting through the other flavors and denying me the sweetness promised. Also, I can’t find the ginger in this cup at all. Thank you MissB for the sample, if not for you I may have bought some and been very disappointed.

As a herbal tea this was not bad, though I always like “real teas” more than tisanes. The alarming ruby red colour of the liquor would probably activate the hibiscus alert in everybody’s head, but trust me, this tea was not tart at all. In fact, it was quite sweet, thanks to the blackberry leaves and other sweet flavourings! The dominant flavour in the cup was berry/plum, and there was a sweet warming note (reminded me of bakery) which could be attributed to cinnamon. Ginger was barely detectable other than a hint of spiciness on my tongue. A very Christmassy tea and that’s why I was drinking it on Boxing Day morning. ;)

Tabby

I know exactly what you mean when you say you prefer “real teas”. Tisanes always make me wish they had more to them.

Devilish

You’re just so right Tabby ;)

I don’t know how I feel about this one. I do know that it is the first tea with ginger that I have been able to drink. It was drinkable, I just don’t know if I will order it in the future. I have one more sample from when I ordered my Kati Cup from Tea Forte. I wan’t to try it cold. I don’t have any thing for cold brewing, yet. I think, since it’s my long day at work, that I will put it in my (boyfriend’s) PerfecTea maker and put it in the fridge for the duration of my shift. It’s an herbal so I would be able to try it right after work.

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 8 OZ / 236 ML