Wild Apple Ginger

Medium
Organic
Edit tea info Last updated by MushroomBugg
8 min or more

• “The brewed tea smells like tasty dried apples but tastes mainly like ginger. The dried tea also had another savory herb smell I couldn’t recognize (maybe the blackberry leaves?) Took about 15...” Read full tasting note
    chai-mera 33 tasting notes
  • “Given the intensity of ginger in some other Tea Forte blends, I was surprised at how mellow this tea was. The ginger gave a nice spiciness but wasn’t overbearing. The apple was discernible,...” Read full tasting note
    kupgup 237 tasting notes

From Tea Forte

This beautiful marriage of garden and cup begins with the delicate flavor of organic rare white tea. The tingle of spicy ginger complements the sweet taste of a crisp apple for a deliciously delightful cup.

About Tea Forte View company

Took about 15 minutes of steeping to actually get an apple flavor. So you have two alternatives for this tea: a short brewing gives you a mild ginger with apple scent, a long brewing gives you an apple tea with a strong ginger “bite” at the end. Both are tasty but I prefer the latter.

As a side note, this was a “single steeps” loose-leaf packet, but the dried mix was in very small pieces and there was a lot of “dust” that escaped the tea ball and floated to the top of the water. This might be a packaging issue. If I see it on sale I may be tempted to buy a proper tin of it, maybe.

COMMUTER NOTES: Because it took so long for the apple taste to show up, this might work in a commuter brewing thermos.

Flavors: Apple, Ginger

8 min or more

Given the intensity of ginger in some other Tea Forte blends, I was surprised at how mellow this tea was. The ginger gave a nice spiciness but wasn’t overbearing. The apple was discernible, and gave it a nice perky tang.

I am really happy that Tea Forte bucked the “apple MUST go with cinnamon” trope. There is zero cinnamon in this tea, which I think is an excellent amount of cinnamon to use.