Chocolate Rose

High
Organic
Edit tea info Last updated by GalInTheGreyHat

From Tea Forte

Description: An indulgent naturally sweet cup with a deep chocolate taste and pleasing floral finish. Perfect to rejuvenate your day, or to luxuriate in a as an after-dinner indulgence. Enhance with a splash of milk.

About Tea Forte View company

Served: Hot

Tasting Notes:
Dry Leaf Smell: alcohol, chocolate, savory, hints floral
Steeped Tea Smell: chocolate, rose, slight bakey background
Flavor: bakey, sweet, savory rose, then a tangy finish
Body: Medium

sugar
reduces the after tang

Rating: 2/4 leaves

Blog: http://amazonv.blogspot.com/2013/11/tea-forte-loose-leaf-black-tea.html

This tea is definitely not a winner…. dry leaf smells so promising but the tea itself has no real chocolate flavor to speak of, too much rose and a weird artificial after taste. This was improved somewhat by the addition of soymilk but I might throw away my remaining samples unless any of my followers want them.

carol who

Bummer. I haven’t had any Tea Forte teas lately but I remember not being impressedwith their chocolate.

TeaBrat

There aren’t too many chocolate teas I really like, but this was a bummer

Right as I poured the water in I could smell a rose scent like potpourri, but that only lasted half a second. Then it was replaced with this overwhelming artificial rose flavor and something similar to chocolate, but only so loosely similar that you could mistake it for something else. It smells artificial, and not all that appetizing.

The tea tastes like soap in the worst way possible. I don’t even want to finish it, and I usually feel bad about wasting tea. This is so bad, I’m not giving this a number, but I’m not recommending this to anyone either.

Flavors: Soap

The rose flavor was very overpowering and extremely artificial in both taste and smell. The chocolate flavor was almost non-existent. I would definitely NOT recommend this flavor.

carol who

I’ve had quite a few TeaForte teas but I’ve never liked any of their chocolate teas. :(