Sweet Orange Spice

Black Fruit Blend
Cinnamon
Edit tea info Last updated by threewhales

• “I really dislike this tea. I have tried it every which way hot, cold, different steeping parameters. It is oddly sweet and metallic. I do not like giving a tea this low of a score. If you want...” Read full tasting note
    Ellyn 230 tasting notes
  • “I know that this tea has been kind of a hit or miss for steepster, but I really like this one. It has a nice balance of spice and citrus. It is warming and yummy. ” Read full tasting note
    LiberTEAS 4366 tasting notes
  • “Now these are some cute teabags! That little leaf at the end of the string? Too cute for words! And the mesh that the teabag is made of stays perky even after steeping. I'm not sure why that is...” Read full tasting note
    LFINCH 161 tasting notes
  • “I have to admit that I am quite fond of the format of Tea Forte’s teabags. The cute little pyramid with the leaf poking out of the top…it just looks so cute! After steeping for five minutes, I...” Read full tasting note
    fashion_piranha 122 tasting notes

From Tea Forte

Capture the flavors of the season with this enticing blend of black tea, cinnamon, orange peels, clove buds and natural flavors.

About Tea Forte View company

Nice! To me, this tea smells spicier that it tastes (which is a good thing.)
I agree 100% that the orange is missing almost completely.
I would love a little of the citrus flavor to come through to taste like a truly wonderful tasting holiday-like tea.
Steeping too long makes the spices way too intense, I tried steeping for a shorter amount of time in a smaller mug and the taste was much better.

Nice balance between a sweet cinnamon spice and a robust black tea. Can’t taste any orange though.

Steep Information:
Amount: 1 teabag
Additives: none
Water: 6 ounces boiling filtered water
Steep Time: a little over 3 minutes
Served: Hot

Tasting Notes:
Smell: Clove – Orange, reminds me of christmas
Flavor: orange, tea, spice
Body: full
Aftertaste: woody spice
Liquor: light reddish brown

Too much spice, not enough tea. I know it says cinnamon but I tasted clove and couldn’t find the cinnamon.

Post-Steep Additives: Added sugar – also added honey (two separate brews) the sweetness in both cases brought out more of the orange, smoothed the flavor and gave a nice sweetness.

Resteep:
Weak spiced water, no tea flavor.
Not recommended

DesertHiker

Agree it is too strong straight from the tin. Try blending it down using a base black tea. I also steep a bit on the short side – no more than 3 minutes. It’s got great bones, just a bit overpowering if not blended down.

Favorite hiking tea! Best blended down. A bit too overpowering straight, but wonderful if you blend down by half with a base tea like a simple breakfast tea or Assam. The spice is well balanced with the orange peel and cloves.

Here’s Hoping traveling teabox – Round 3

So, I recently discovered that I love cinnamon tea, but there was something slightly off about this one. I was getting an almost sour tangy taste around the sides of my mouth which I didn’t enjoy. Maybe that was the brief hint of orange? Regardless, there are other cinnamon teas I prefer.

Veronica

Yeah, I liked this one, but I didn’t love it.

’Here’s Hoping’ traveling teabox Round #2 // Tea #31
Super super sweet cinnamon here. I think I’ve had this blend before. It was called Marketspice or something. It also reminds me of Harney’s Hot Cinnamon Sunset but that stuff is supreme. This one seems like the flavor is a little off and the cinnamon is a little too sweet. Definitely doesn’t seem like orange to me, but the ‘sweet’ in the name certainly fits! Nice to try it though!

From the HHTTB2

So this should be called Sweet Cinnamon instead of Sweet Orange, but I still like it. The smell reminds me of Christmas and is unmistakably cinnamon. In fact, this tea reminds me a lot of Harney and Sons Hot Cinnamon Spice although there is less clove here. The base tea is strong and carries the spice flavor well. Nice.

I can see how this would be disappointing to people who wanted orange but are not big on strong cinnamon teas, but since I love cinnamon teas this is just a happy turn of events. I might snag one more teaspoon of it before moving on to the other teas in the box.

Flavors: Cinnamon

Boiling 4 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

The name for this tea isn’t exactly fitting. As some other users have pointed out, this tea is heavy on the spice notes and not so much on the “sweet orange.” The orange notes are there but it is very subtle. That being said, I still enjoyed this tea and I feel like it will be a very nice tea for the upcoming fall season. In my opinion, its worth a try.