Sweet Orange Spice

Black Fruit Blend
Orange, Spicy, Cinnamon
Edit tea info Last updated by threewhales

From Tea Forte

Capture the flavors of the season with this enticing blend of black tea, cinnamon, orange peels, clove buds and natural flavors.

About Tea Forte View company

Nice! To me, this tea smells spicier that it tastes (which is a good thing.)
I agree 100% that the orange is missing almost completely.
I would love a little of the citrus flavor to come through to taste like a truly wonderful tasting holiday-like tea.
Steeping too long makes the spices way too intense, I tried steeping for a shorter amount of time in a smaller mug and the taste was much better.

Nice balance between a sweet cinnamon spice and a robust black tea. Can’t taste any orange though.

Steep Information:
Amount: 1 teabag
Additives: none
Water: 6 ounces boiling filtered water
Steep Time: a little over 3 minutes
Served: Hot

Tasting Notes:
Smell: Clove – Orange, reminds me of christmas
Flavor: orange, tea, spice
Body: full
Aftertaste: woody spice
Liquor: light reddish brown

Too much spice, not enough tea. I know it says cinnamon but I tasted clove and couldn’t find the cinnamon.

Post-Steep Additives: Added sugar – also added honey (two separate brews) the sweetness in both cases brought out more of the orange, smoothed the flavor and gave a nice sweetness.

Resteep:
Weak spiced water, no tea flavor.
Not recommended

DesertHiker

Agree it is too strong straight from the tin. Try blending it down using a base black tea. I also steep a bit on the short side – no more than 3 minutes. It’s got great bones, just a bit overpowering if not blended down.

Apparently this tea is orange flavoured – I’ll take their word for it as I can’t taste anything beyond the overpowering taste of cinnamon. It reminds me of that Harney & Sons Hot Cinnamon Spice, which I can’t say I’m really a fan of either. Luckily this tea came in an assorted sampler, so this is only like two sachets out of the entire box.

Boiling 4 min, 0 sec 12 OZ / 354 ML

GCTTB3

I pulled this one out of the box for one very specific reason. A few years ago, in a sample pack of Tea Forte, I had tried Moroccan Orange Blossom tea. I absolutely loved it. Even if I am the only one on the internet to give it a good review, I still maintain it was delicious. I have not been able to find a suitable alternative with any other tea companies.

I pulled this one out of the box because it was Tea Forte and had orange in the name. But I failed to look at the description. It describes orange with cinnamon. I just don’t see how orange would ever go with cinnamon. Maybe orange peel, but not orange.

The tea bag, once unwrapped, smelled strongly of sweet cinnamon. The brewed tea smells like cinnamon hot lips.

The tea tastes like a very strong, somewhat bitter black tea. The cinnamon is very flat, not much bite to it. I am not picking up too much citrus but there is a sweetness to the tea which could be reminiscent of citrus.

I have never really thought much of Tea Forte, except for the moroccan orange blossom of course. This tea falls into the not think too much of it category.

This isn’t a bad tea — it has some nice spicy orange notes — but I prefer my black tea with fewer added flavors.

Flavors: Orange, Spicy

I liked this better than many others. The first steep had a weird aftertaste to me, but my second steep was sweeter and milder. Possibly 3.5 minutes was too long to steep the first one.

I really love how the Advent Calendar pyramids come. Very nice to show off for a friend who doesn’t regularly drink tea.

My mother and little sister got me a whole bunch of tea forte singe-serve loose tea packets for my birthday that was on Saturday. They are pretty cute :)

This one tastes very much like Harney and Sons “Hot Cinnamon Spice.” I can barely detect the orage. But that’s ok. I LOVE cinnamon tea, especially when its strong.

Oh yeah, Hi Guys!! lol – here I am writing a note as if I havent been away for so long. School has been stressful and time consuming. Ive been drinking lots of tea, but not taking any time for Steepster. Sorry!

Flavors: Cinnamon

The boyfriend surprised me when the dog and I got back from our morning walk. He went, “I thought this one would go well with breakfast!” As he plates eggs and bacon for the two of us. This may be because we had a sort of heated conversation last night, lol.

On to the tea:
He was right, it did go well with breakfast. Perfect for a fall-ish morning. I don’t quite think it is fall here in Missouri yet but it was less than 50 degrees on the walk so it’s coming. It smelled of cinnamon and had a pleasant taste. I am happy that I enjoyed a black tea but don’t think I will be ordering more of it.

Terri HarpLady

At first when I read this, I thought it said, My boyfriend surprised me with a dog…
So I’m thinking…cool, what kind of dog was it?
Once I got to the part about the dog going well with breakfast, I knew I’d missed something. :)

Kayla

Ha :)
Grammar has never been my strong suit!

Terri HarpLady

I think it was of an issue of me being kind of dyslexic when I first wake up :)

Favorite hiking tea! Best blended down. A bit too overpowering straight, but wonderful if you blend down by half with a base tea like a simple breakfast tea or Assam. The spice is well balanced with the orange peel and cloves.