White Ginger Pear

Peach
Tea Bag
Low
Organic
Edit tea info Last updated by sherapop

2 Images

From Tea Forte

Rarest Pai Mu Tan white tea is plucked in early spring from a special varietal tea bush called “chaicha”. Blended with the sweet taste of juicy orchard fresh pear and the tingle of spicy ginger for a delicate and delighting infusion.

Ingredients: ginger, blackberry leaves, lemon balm leaves, white tea, mallow flowers, flavoring

Steeping Guidelines: 2-4 minutes at 195 degrees

Caffeine: Low caffeine (less than 30mg)

About Tea Forte View company

Oof! This is the most intensely ginger-scented tea I’ve ever experienced, that dry leaf is a knockout. Luckily for those of us who aren’t all in it for the big G, this tea tastes much milder than it smells. The dominant taste is still ginger (especially as it cools), but the peach provides a hint of sweetness and the white tea base adds a pleasant taste as well. I’m not sure what prompted me to buy this, but I’m glad I did!

Got this Tea Forte sampler as a gift. Slowly drinking through it. First taste is pear, then ginger. There is a nice ginger pear aftertaste to it. I would drink this again.

I came by a free tea forte sampler chest as part of a promotion Microsoft was running, and this was by far my favorite of the 20 flavors I tried. It had a wonderful aroma and it tasted like a sweet, delicious pear. I’m afraid to use my second bag of this tea, because then it will all be gone!

I was craving an iced tea and decided to go for this one, nicely prepared in the Tea Forte’s iced tea brewing pitchers: I added a little bit of sugar syrup on the second glass to taste the difference but it was perfect even without it, tasty yet not too sweet, with the right balance of ginger and pear. It is indeed a very good refreshing option for summer time!

First, this tea was visually appealing and packaged as part of a sampler box (great gift). I love the Tea Forté silk pyramid bags and although the string is a bit short, find that they steep nicely in a large teapot.

The Ginger Pear was mild on the ginger and just right on the pear. This combination can be spicy and overpowering, but I’d say they got it just right. It is a medium amber brew that was perfect for breakfast, and then I re-infused it throughout the day for lunch and afternoon tea.

This tea helps me imagine what it must feel like to be a light and airy summer dress hung out on a clothesline in the back rose garden. Fresh and bright.

Delisshhhhh! very pear-y. I made about 19oz in a plastic on the go like nalgine and let it steep extra long but ive done it in a mug for the proper time and they were both great. One of my favorites

TTBC Rd2

I wasn’t quite sure what to expect from this tea – I know I enjoy pear and ginger separately, but I’d never tried the two of them together. This unlikely pairing is unexpectedly delicious, though, and one I’ll happily drink.

The base layer of white tea doesn’t really shine through, but I’m remarkably okay with that since it acts as a perfect vehicle for the crisp pear flavour in the forefront and gentle ginger heat in the background. There’s something delightful about the way the two go together and I can’t help but keep stealing sips out of the mug between sentences.

Two thumbs up. Definitely will be having this one in the future…

Tea #10 from Traveling Tea Box C Round 2
One of the two white teas that I picked to try (the other is Cotton Candy and I may pass on that one in the end) mainly because I’m, well, I don’t exactly dislike white teas. I’ve just never found them to be strong enough flavor wise. They’re too delicate for my heavy handed palate apparently. Lol.
This tea had a mostly ginger scent in the bag with a light pear-ness.
Steeped I get more pear than ginger from the scent. It’s pretty balanced between the two with the taste. Pear in the forefront with a pleasant poke from the ginger. Though honestly the one reason I can tell this is a white tea is just from a lack of any sort of characteristic of another type, I can’t really tell any sort of particular nuance from the white tea specifically.
It’s not bad unsweetened, but sweetening it doesn’t really do too much to it. Lol. I’d bet this would be pretty good as iced tea, though I don’t really have any intention of buying myself some to put that to the test. Lol!

Backlog.

One of my coworkers gave me a bag of this tea to try, saying it was one of his favorites. The bag was intended to make iced tea, so I used it to brew up a pot for myself. It tasted … weird to me. Maybe it’s the ginger. I kept thinking this was a peach-ginger tea, and did get some fruitiness in the first few sips. Once the tea cooled down, however, I lost the fruitiness to a weird taste that I can only assume was the ginger.

This isn’t bad, but I don’t think I’ll seek out any more ginger teas.

Absolutely delightful! One of the tastiest teas I’ve ever had, hands down. It has a nice aroma and taste of fruit, – I get more of a peach taste than pear though, but I like that-, and the ginger was very subtle while still being present. I took it with some honey.
Highly, highly recommended.