White Ginger Pear

Fruit White Blend
Ginger, Pear, White Tea
Creamy, Ginger, Pear, Smooth, Spicy, Sweet, Peach
Tea Bag
Edit tea info Last updated by sherapop

2 Images

From Tea Forte

Rarest Pai Mu Tan white tea is plucked in early spring from a special varietal tea bush called “chaicha”. Blended with the sweet taste of juicy orchard fresh pear and the tingle of spicy ginger for a delicate and delighting infusion.

Ingredients: ginger, blackberry leaves, lemon balm leaves, white tea, mallow flowers, flavoring

Steeping Guidelines: 2-4 minutes at 195 degrees

Caffeine: Low caffeine (less than 30mg)

About Tea Forte View company

I wasn’t quite sure what to expect from this tea – I know I enjoy pear and ginger separately, but I’d never tried the two of them together. This unlikely pairing is unexpectedly delicious, though, and one I’ll happily drink.

The base layer of white tea doesn’t really shine through, but I’m remarkably okay with that since it acts as a perfect vehicle for the crisp pear flavour in the forefront and gentle ginger heat in the background. There’s something delightful about the way the two go together and I can’t help but keep stealing sips out of the mug between sentences.

Two thumbs up. Definitely will be having this one in the future…

Tea #10 from Traveling Tea Box C Round 2
One of the two white teas that I picked to try (the other is Cotton Candy and I may pass on that one in the end) mainly because I’m, well, I don’t exactly dislike white teas. I’ve just never found them to be strong enough flavor wise. They’re too delicate for my heavy handed palate apparently. Lol.
This tea had a mostly ginger scent in the bag with a light pear-ness.
Steeped I get more pear than ginger from the scent. It’s pretty balanced between the two with the taste. Pear in the forefront with a pleasant poke from the ginger. Though honestly the one reason I can tell this is a white tea is just from a lack of any sort of characteristic of another type, I can’t really tell any sort of particular nuance from the white tea specifically.
It’s not bad unsweetened, but sweetening it doesn’t really do too much to it. Lol. I’d bet this would be pretty good as iced tea, though I don’t really have any intention of buying myself some to put that to the test. Lol!

One of my coworkers gave me a bag of this tea to try, saying it was one of his favorites. The bag was intended to make iced tea, so I used it to brew up a pot for myself. It tasted … weird to me. Maybe it’s the ginger. I kept thinking this was a peach-ginger tea, and did get some fruitiness in the first few sips. Once the tea cooled down, however, I lost the fruitiness to a weird taste that I can only assume was the ginger.

This isn’t bad, but I don’t think I’ll seek out any more ginger teas.

Absolutely delightful! One of the tastiest teas I’ve ever had, hands down. It has a nice aroma and taste of fruit, – I get more of a peach taste than pear though, but I like that-, and the ginger was very subtle while still being present. I took it with some honey.
Highly, highly recommended.

Flavors: Peach

1 min, 30 sec 10 OZ / 295 ML

This is a light, subtly juicy tea, perfectly refreshing and with the satisfaction of a true pear, even breaching into summery watermelon territory. Sweet and light, yet full bodied… a fine iced tea.

So, upon opening this package the tea smells about 90% ginger and 10% pear. It’s really potent stuff! I was nervous the first time I tried it, as I thought it’d be too much spice, not enough pear. Luckily, the ginger calms down once it’s brewed. Even the smell changes, with the pear shining through beautifully. The taste is also quite pleasant, and interesting. The pear is nice and natural tasting, while the ginger compliments (not overpowers) it in the most unexpected way. I’m suprised at how pleasant a cuppa this brews. The aftertaste is almost all pear. Not too shabby. This was a nice tea before bed. Nice and calming.

I picked this up tonight at the grocery for a lower caffeine option while I was sick, and I’m so glad I did. It’s refreshing, a little sweet, and not too spicy. Tastes natural and unexpected.