White Ginger Pear

Ginger, Pear, Peach
Tea Bag
Low
Organic
Edit tea info Last updated by sherapop

2 Images

From Tea Forte

Rarest Pai Mu Tan white tea is plucked in early spring from a special varietal tea bush called “chaicha”. Blended with the sweet taste of juicy orchard fresh pear and the tingle of spicy ginger for a delicate and delighting infusion.

Ingredients: ginger, blackberry leaves, lemon balm leaves, white tea, mallow flowers, flavoring

Steeping Guidelines: 2-4 minutes at 195 degrees

Caffeine: Low caffeine (less than 30mg)

About Tea Forte View company

Backlog.

One of my coworkers gave me a bag of this tea to try, saying it was one of his favorites. The bag was intended to make iced tea, so I used it to brew up a pot for myself. It tasted … weird to me. Maybe it’s the ginger. I kept thinking this was a peach-ginger tea, and did get some fruitiness in the first few sips. Once the tea cooled down, however, I lost the fruitiness to a weird taste that I can only assume was the ginger.

This isn’t bad, but I don’t think I’ll seek out any more ginger teas.

Absolutely delightful! One of the tastiest teas I’ve ever had, hands down. It has a nice aroma and taste of fruit, – I get more of a peach taste than pear though, but I like that-, and the ginger was very subtle while still being present. I took it with some honey.
Highly, highly recommended.

Flavors: Peach

1 min, 30 sec 10 OZ / 295 ML

This is a light, subtly juicy tea, perfectly refreshing and with the satisfaction of a true pear, even breaching into summery watermelon territory. Sweet and light, yet full bodied… a fine iced tea.

So, upon opening this package the tea smells about 90% ginger and 10% pear. It’s really potent stuff! I was nervous the first time I tried it, as I thought it’d be too much spice, not enough pear. Luckily, the ginger calms down once it’s brewed. Even the smell changes, with the pear shining through beautifully. The taste is also quite pleasant, and interesting. The pear is nice and natural tasting, while the ginger compliments (not overpowers) it in the most unexpected way. I’m suprised at how pleasant a cuppa this brews. The aftertaste is almost all pear. Not too shabby. This was a nice tea before bed. Nice and calming.

I picked this up tonight at the grocery for a lower caffeine option while I was sick, and I’m so glad I did. It’s refreshing, a little sweet, and not too spicy. Tastes natural and unexpected.