Carrot Cake

Herbal Honeybush Rooibos Blend
Carrot, Cinnamon, Medicinal, Rooibos, Spices
Edit tea info Last updated by Kristin

From Tea Guys

Enjoy hints of this perennial favorite as you sip this healthful blend of organic rooibos, real carrot, cinnamon, and walnuts.

About Tea Guys View company

What a great tea. First I was hit with a strong aroma. The blend itself looks inviting with bits of carrots, coconut and walnuts.
It brews an awesome orange. It has a satisfying full carrot cake flavor, not too sweet and not too bland. You can also savor the roobois, which is important.
This will be a staple for me.

What a great tea! Brewed mine for about six minutes, added milk and sugar, and was a warm, well-rounded, cup of tea without any bitter aftertaste. Light cinnamon aroma, slightly nutty; didn’t smell the carrots but definitely had a flavor of carrot cake. Not a heavy flavor, though, and not overtly sweet.

I got this from Dark Moon Tea during their closeout sale (30% off!) and figured I’d be SOL if I liked it since they’re now out of business. Upon closer examination I realized that while the tea had the Dark Moon Tea logo on it, it mentioned that it was from the Tea Guys! Huzzah! I can get more! I think that makes it even more delish!

So, on to the tea itself. Words fail me this tea is so yummy. I’ve had the Red Velvet from Republic of Tea and while it’s yummy, I will never finish drinking it and have to look down at my shirt to see if there are any red velvet crumbs on my shirt. This one? I just might have to.

Perfect with a touch of brown sugar splenda blend.

I even got a second steep out of it and might have been able to go for a third had I not reached my self-imposed 2 day limit for used tea leaves.

Another tea from kimquat! I’m not sure how i feel about this tea. It was a pleasant enough cup to drink but was it carrot cake? not really. I mean it had that vaguely cheesecakey icing sweetness feel to it, and the dry smell was really nice..but i wouldn’t call this carrot cake. So good cup of tea..but not carrot cake! lol thanks for sharing kimquat!

Ordered a sample of this, because of COURSE I had to try the carrot cake….
Again, like the last two Tea Guys’ rooibos (I just googled ‘what is the plural of rooibos, and found that ’the plural of rooibos is rooibos’…. I did not know that.. lol) I tried, I added milk and sugar to this.
This is another really yummy evening treat… I’m not always looking for this type of thing (creamy/sugar tea), but when I am, I really love it.
There are definite ‘carrot cake’ spice notes, along with the vegetal sweetness of carrot…
This one’s a keeper for me, especially as a decaf option.

Thanks to the lovely Ost for sending this my way. I was painfully curious.

It smells freaking amazing in the bag! Not a big fan of rooibos, however, so I went in with some trepidation. I used 1.5tsp for 10oz of water and steeped it for a good 9 minutes. It tastes like carrot, cinnamon, and some nonspecific pastry item. No cream cheese icing that I can tell, though it is awfully sweet. Not bad. It’s close! Unfortunately it left a medicinal rooibos taste in my mouth afterwards and that is a thing I can’t stand. I might keep the rest of it around as a before-bed dessert tea, but I won’t be getting any more. Maybe I’ll try it with milk and sugar next time, see if that helps!

Flavors: Carrot, Cinnamon, Medicinal, Rooibos, Spices

Ost

Oy, bummer about the after taste. Glad you got the package though! (:

This tea is complements of the kind Ost! Thanks so much. I love trying out new teas.
Nice carrot flavor, added stevia and Voila! a lovely carrot cake! Tasty and fun!

Ost

Glad you liked that one! :D