Caramel Popcorn

Edit tea info Last updated by Sara

From Tea Guys

Ingredients:organic black tea, black tea, barley, caramel, yerba mate, organic rooibos, corn, sea salt, popcorn, natural flavors.

About Tea Guys View company

Another sample from LauraR. Thanks for sending all of these wonderful samples my way.

This tea tastes exactly like it’s name. Caramel Popcorn. It’s so buttery and sweet, like a kettle corn. Unfortunately my taste buds don’t like drinking liquid sweet butter. But it smells very nice and tastes very accurate. No rating at this time.

How did I not know this tea existed before this moment?

I am so very sad Tea Guys beat Frank to this! But it sounds AMAZING! I’ve been looking for popcorn tea vs the crisped rice cereal of gen mai cha.

Sipdown…though I could swear I already made a steeping note on this one, but I guess not. I seem to remember from my initial steep of this, that I had added milk, and while it was tasty, the base was quite mild, and the milk masked a bit of the tea’s flavour, so I vowed to go without milk when I made it next. So this brings us on to today’s steep!

I woke up quite cold, and it was chilly in the room, and I was super tired, so I wanted a back tea to wake me up, and something to wrap me in a comforting warm hug, so I pulled this one out. I used the rest of the packet, which was a little more than the suggested serving size, but remembering the weaker base, I was not too worried about over leafing. My mind was in a weird space at work today because I basically had to go in and finish the project I had started yesterday. I got pulled away from doing it for a few hours, though I did what I could when I had the chance. Normally, this project, which is weekly, takes several hours…4-6 and sometimes more, depending on how many distractions and interruptions I get. Anyway, I was in a mood because I had to finish this stuff this morning, and they have rearranged things in the back, and I hate it. I can see some of the benefit of the change, but I also see issues. Anyways, that stuff plus my throat being sore and being tired and moody, I just kinda sucked this down like liquid comfort, and didn’t pay much attention to what I was drinking, other than it was tasty.

Take two, and I am at home, and it is chilly in here, and I decided to resteep the leaves from this morning, for one more cuppa. It’s smooth and sweet with caramel, but I am unsure I am getting much popcorn, other than maybe a light starchy feeling. Admittedly, I am not picking up the flavours that well, as I am having it with my dinner (leftover harissa chicken and veg with quinoa pilaf from when we went out last night with a friend in town). I have a bazillion insane and amazing flavours in my mouth from the food.

I do really like this tea, actually, and I’d love to have more where I could play with using more so that I could milk it up as a latte for more decadent comfort. Thanks for sending this one to me DeleriumsFrog! It was a winner!

I got this as a sample with my rooibos order and decided to try it today. I love that there are corn pieces, and little popcorns, and caramel balls in the tea, and the dry leaf did smell like caramel popcorn. Once steeped, though, I could tell that the black base wasn’t really going to do it for me. It really reminded me of Adagio’s black base, and for some reason, I have trouble liking it (I have no idea why, because I know some people love it)… So, I’m sure if you like Adagio teas and you like caramel popcorn, then this tea is going to be awesome for you. It just was not for me.
Their rooibos, though…now, that’s something I can get behind. :)

adagio black base is yuck

So it’s not just me? I thought I was crazy… haha

naw there are a few of us not a fan…