honey pistachio biscotti

Edit tea info Last updated by silvermage2000

• “Received a sample of this tea and decided to try it iced. First I hot brewed it, added a bit of sugar, let it cool down and let it chill over night. I was happy with the results. I was hoping...” Read full tasting note
    teawade 27 tasting notes
  • “I got a sample of this from a buddy thank you. I mainly taste the black tea with some honey and abit of almond. I did add abit of sugar but this does not need much. I really enjoy the honey in this...” Read full tasting note
    silvermage2000 419 tasting notes
  • “The dry leaf smells a lot like butter pecan flavoured coffee which reminds me a little of this wonderful woman I worked with when I was in university. She often brought me food and coffee when I...” Read full tasting note
    yyz 373 tasting notes
  • “i have like 2 minutes, then i have to get back to my final project. don't believe the number other than mine! lol. this blend is great! very biscotti, very rich, satisfying. funny.... i like it...” Read full tasting note
    JustJames 379 tasting notes

From Tea Guys

black tea,pistachio,almonds,biscotti,crysanthemum,coconut flakes,honey.

About Tea Guys View company

Received a sample of this tea and decided to try it iced. First I hot brewed it, added a bit of sugar, let it cool down and let it chill over night. I was happy with the results. I was hoping for an iced coffee like flavor and it really delivered. You really all the flavors in one sip and it’s delightful. You get the nuttiness of the pistachio and a hint of honey after taste. I added a drop of milk and it felt just like having an iced coffee on a hot day. I would recommend this tea to those who have similar flavor palettes and enjoy a nutty and sweet black tea.

I got a sample of this from a buddy thank you. I mainly taste the black tea with some honey and abit of almond. I did add abit of sugar but this does not need much. I really enjoy the honey in this tea. I think this tea is pretty good. And just what I need because of the annoying snow right now.

The dry leaf smells a lot like butter pecan flavoured coffee which reminds me a little of this wonderful woman I worked with when I was in university. She often brought me food and coffee when I worked with her. She kind of mothered me but her kindness was always appreciated.

The tea smells of coffee, honey and roasted pistachio. There is unfortunately something a little soapy in the scent as well.

The tea has a biscuit like note, with a coffee note, a good dose of honey and a nutty note. The base tea is bready and flowery,with a touch of fruit. It brews to a rich red orange. The flavour is pleasant but the floral note seems out of place. As it cools the floral note dissipates and the base becomes much more fruity with red berry notes. I much prefer this to the floral notes when hot.

This is a nice tea for those who miss flavoured coffee or who like a mix of bitterness balanced by sweetness in their dessert teas.

Thanks JustJames for the opportunity to try another tea guys tea. It suits a certain craving of mine.

TheTeaFairy

Oh, yummy!

i have like 2 minutes, then i have to get back to my final project. don’t believe the number other than mine! lol. this blend is great! very biscotti, very rich, satisfying. funny…. i like it more than the full sized bags i bought. typical!

i have the rest of the sample set aside to go to yyz! hope she likes it?

they sent me a sample…. cucumber mojito…. sounds whacko, tastes great. i need to review my decision making skills.

bye again!

2 tsp 12 OZ / 354 ML
yyz

I’m sure I will. Good luck with your project!

I’ve been kind of…I dunno, not disappointed exactly but not bowled over by most of the Tea Guys samples I’ve tried over the weekend (they often smell fantastic dry and at first in the cup, but the flavor is unbalanced towards tart or bitter, with a base of totally unremarkable tea), so I was expecting to be meh about this otherwise fantastic sounding blend for afternoon tea. R came home out of sorts—had a terrible day at work, complete with another fight breaking out in his classroom—so I tried to cheer him up with my favorite Dead Authors podcast (the one with Nietzsche and Lovecraft!), open-faced toasted apple tahini sandwiches, and some of this. It was better than the others I’ve tried so far (Maple, Chocolate Ginger Bourbon which was actually pretty good leftover cold, I forget what else). Very strong honey aroma and the pistachio’s definitely present too. Still an unremarkable tea base, but I didn’t mind so much with such flavor and aroma. Quite nice, and amplified from the honey in our sandwiches. I’m not sure I’d bother ordering again from Tea Guys unless some of the others are better too, but if I did, I’d get more of this. It wouldn’t surprise me if their stuff generally makes for good fragrant rubs or marinades, or other culinary/cocktail steeping tasks as they’re always fragrant at least.

__Morgana__

Nietzsche and Lovecraft, the cheer up twins. Adorable. :-)

Anna

I have recently acquired a complete and utter dislike for Tea Guys, so i support this review fully.

Also, Morgana’s comment is perfection.

ifjuly