Coconut Truffle

Edit tea info Last updated by knittingale

• “This was the final tea of tea time today. The aroma is very nice, and my guest really loves coconut so she especially liked this one. We took it plain, but I think this is one I might like best...” Read full tasting note
    ashmanra 1829 tasting notes
  • “it smells great dry, but has a weird smell in the cup. i keep drinking it but something is off... i'll brew another cup tomorrow ad make sure the strainer and everything is super clean before i...” Read full tasting note
    shmiracles 739 tasting notes
  • “Grabbed a sample of this when I stocked up on Maple Sugar. I mean coconut and chocolate, how could I resist? The dry leaves smell so good, like chocolate cake soaked in coconut cream. I love to do...” Read full tasting note
    Alphakitty 470 tasting notes
  • “Eight ounces of boiling water; 1 1/2 teaspoons of tea; three minutes. I added about a teaspoon of black sage honey and a couple of tablespoons of whole milk. This is tasty and light. Coconut...” Read full tasting note
    TheMarshain 4 tasting notes

From Tea Guys

Rich black tea is joined by cocoa beans, toasted coconut, and organic honeybush for a decadent treat. Try with steamed milk and sweetener for a deliciously warming cup.

About Tea Guys View company

This was the final tea of tea time today. The aroma is very nice, and my guest really loves coconut so she especially liked this one. We took it plain, but I think this is one I might like best with a wee bit of milk and sugar to enhance the dessert tea qualities. Though it was proclaimed “very good”, I don’t think I would be inclined to buy this one again. I would go for a pound of Harney’s Soho blend instead.

it smells great dry, but has a weird smell in the cup.
i keep drinking it but something is off…
i’ll brew another cup tomorrow ad make sure the strainer and everything is super clean before i do just in case.
weird start to my monday.

ashmanra

I liked this one all right,but their Chocolate Delight was really amazing.

Shmiracles

that’s good to hear! i have a sample of that one too :) yum

Grabbed a sample of this when I stocked up on Maple Sugar. I mean coconut and chocolate, how could I resist? The dry leaves smell so good, like chocolate cake soaked in coconut cream. I love to do cakes sans icing with coconut cream, you brush it onto the dry cake over and over until it’s just oozing with creamy coconut goodness. Mmm!

This is a very chocolatey tea! And not fake chocolate, but nice dark roasty cocoa notes. The coconut kind of plays second fiddle to the chocolate but it’s still there! This reminds me of a more dessert-y version of Yunnan’s Fable/Coconut Cacao (which I am 99% sure are the same teas). Very nice with a little cream and sugar!

This is tasty and light. Coconut Truffle is a nice afternoon tea. I love the fragrance of toasty coconut wafting in the air as the flavor crosses my taste buds! The chocolate beckons for some spice so next time I brew it, I will add some red pepper flakes.

Azzrian

Toasty Coconut Mmmmmm :)

Another cuppa with Ashmanra. This one smells like chocolate macaroons to me but dry and brewed. Black the tea is dark chocolate and coconut taste. Adding milk and sugar it tastes even more like chocolate macaroons to me.

Delicious very strong undertone of the rich cocoa with just a hint of the coconut. Definitely recommend having with cream (this tea prompted me to go out and get real cream – the one that says “whipping cream” on the carton). It’s a lovely dessert tea with a nice smooth black tea flavoring under it all. I didn’t realize it had honeybush in it till I went back to write this review and read it but in retrospect I think I could sense it smoothing everything out (I love honeybush).

I tried this this morning and it is the best coconut tea I’ve ever tasted and probably one of the best teas all together :) I followed the instructions for brewing and added some milk as well. Very nice and smooth.