Maple Sugar

Maple, Creamy, Sugar, Sweet, Almond, Malt, Cocoa, Cinnamon, Cookie
Edit tea info Last updated by Rabs

From Tea Guys

Discover this rich black tea blend flavored with authentic maple syrup from local New England maple syrup producers. Each cup brings you closer to the landscape of New England and helps supports our local and family run farms. Just enough sweetness to hit the spot. Enjoy it day or night.

About Tea Guys View company

I’m not sure, but I believe I got this tea from LiberTeas – that’s the problem with my Cupboard; I’ve got so many little samply things kicking around that I don’t remember where and who half of them are from.

This was a pretty mild black tea with a delicate touch of chai-like spice. The maple sugar acted as a light sweetener for the tea without making it too cloying, but still keeping its distinctive flavour. Yummy!

LiberTEAS

You probably did. I know that I had some of this at some point… it is a yummy one!

I tried this tea several times and didn’t rate it. I wasn’t on this site as often as I used to be.

This one smells exactly like maple syrup. It is a strong and sweet smell. Reminds me of pancakes. This is perfect for the mornings. The taste is sweet and mild. It is a good tea overall, but I got a strange starch-like taste in the back of my mouth… almost like cardboard. But it was great with sugar and milk. I didn’t taste that strange taste after adding those.

This is a sweet mapley black tea, hmmm impressive! Thank you Rabs for letting me try this one. I don’t think I could drink this often though, just when in the mood for liquid pancakes hehe.

Cofftea

Yeah that’s pretty much when I have it too- except I have it with pancakes rather than instead of lol. It’s also a good tea to make a latTEA with.

As soon as you open the package you are amazed by the real maple aroma coming out at you..and looking at the blend you are impressed by what’s in there, bits of maple sugar, pink peppercorns & nice looking black tea.
It tastes great and has a pleasant real maple flavor with the perfect amount of sweetness & black tea flavor that compliments each other very well.
Perfect by itself, but even more indulgent with some maple agave & soy milk ;)

Usually I have this in the morning and I love it. It’s not overly sweet and I haven’t really understood why so many people describe it that way.

But this morning I could barely finish my little cup. Perhaps the maple chunks are heavy and now that I’m getting more than half way through the canister I’m steeping more into my tea. D’oh, gravity!

Nice maple aroma; good strong tea that held up well with my milk and sugar. Subtle maple undertones, but not a strong maple flavor. A good tea.

When you open this tea, you immediately find yourself thinking of a maple donut or Waffle Crisp cereal or something else sugary and strongly maple-scented. So you’re a little nervous about how this is going to turn out, but luckily, it mellows out considerably. In the end, there’s just a light, pleasant maple flavor, almost an aftertaste. It’s enough to satisfy maple fans (like me) without triggering a sugar crash.

Cons: I can’t imagine wanting to drink this iced, so hot only for me. Also, there’s an oily sheen to the finished product, which is somewhat unpalatable.

Flavors: Maple

Boiling 4 min, 0 sec 3 tsp 12 OZ / 354 ML

My first sipdown =)

I ordered a lot of samples from Tea Guys. The first time I tried this I thought it was “OK”, the second time was more like “meh, why did I buy this?” and for my final taste it was really delicious. I think the trick with this one (for me anyway) is to measure a little more tea. It was only when I added a bit more did I get a blissful cup. So, a sample of this yielded me only 3 cups, but I think if I had steeped it correctly it’s more like 2.

I will definitely re-order this one. This tea is one of the few teas that come in different varieties (bagged, loose, canned, etc) on their website, so it must be popular.

Flavors: Creamy, Maple, Sugar, Sweet

1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML
TeaNTees

Did it have an authentic maple flavour? I am always on the look out for a genuine maple tasting tea moreso than an “Aunt Jemima” type artificial flavour.

Pattea

I didn’t think it tasted like pancake syrup. I found it to taste a little like maple candy? I think their samples are around $2.50? 3 oz around $8.00 or so. I already have 3 oz saved in my cart.

Took this on the semi-short drive to Boulder today. I saved up my pennies and splurged on a lovely B&B for Valentine’s Day with my man. In fact, I am typing this up while sitting on the lovely balcony and sipping on a mug of this!

I chose this particular BnB specifically for it’s emphasis on it’s tea. A tea BnB you say? I am in tea nerd heaven :D they have a 24hr tea service and lovely tea trays to borrow during use. I am already missing my stash at home, but seeing as they a) make their own herbal blends and b) have Rishi tea and athentic branded Japanese greens, I was instantly sold! I will have to post a pic of their tea wall in a sec.

On to this tea! It’s so sweet and maple-y. I do get the slightest bit of dryness in this from the type of black, but it’s minor. I get an almond-malty taste in addition to the candy sweet maple flavor. Sometimes I like to use the slightest hint of maple syrup in certain Assam teas and this blend pretty much does it for me! I know this would be great with some almond milk splashed in. I almost wish I had gotten more than a sample!

Flavors: Almond, Malt, Maple

Nichole

Sounds amazing!!!

Being a Canadian I have been searching for a perfect maple tea… and I think I may have just found it. As soon as I opened this up and I was hit with the delicious aroma of maple. Once brewed there is a nice smokiness from the tea base that helps offset the sweetness of the maple. I found all the of the flavors worked with one another and this one was best enjoyed once it cooled to around room temperature. If you are a fan or even remotely like maple, this is definite must try!

Flavors: Cocoa, Maple