Ceylon Uva OP1

Edit tea info Last updated by KittyLovesTea

From Tea Horse

A coppery-coloured black tea from Sri Lanka, the island previously known as Ceylon. OP1 is a grade of Sri Lankan and Indian tea; it stands for Orange Pekoe 1 and is made from whole leaves. It’s not a type of tea or a flavour, which is sometimes implied.

About Tea Horse View company

My first cuppa of the morning and this one is served with milk and sugar. I received this tea as part of my monthly package.

Flavour is wooden, musky and dry. Quite strong and very suitable as a breakfast tea, baring in mind I have milk and sugar in it it could always be stronger if needed by having it black.

My husband is not a huge fan, says it’s nice but not brilliant. He can’t elaborate on that though other than to something is missing as a strong black tea for him.

Evidently this is a mixed review. I will have to try it again another time but keep it black and see if it makes much difference.

I thought I was really in the mood for this tea this morning, but it isn’t quite hitting the spot. I’m having it with a little cream and sugar and it is good, but I want something else this morning… after I finish this cup. I’m finding that as I try and collect more teas, I’m less likely to know what I want to drink. Too many choices!!! It’s a good thing!