Billy Tea

Edit tea info Last updated by Kennit

1 Tasting Note View all

From Tea Leaves

Product description not available yet.

About Tea Leaves View company

1 Tasting Note

I’m sitting outside drinking a cup of this while while the rest of the house snoozes, there’s a slight chill in the air and I’m listening to the morning song of the magpies and willy wagtails be almost drowned out by a large flock of rainbow lorikeets squabbling over the choicest perching locations of a nearby palm tree… And suddenly, I feel like I’m home!

This tea describes itself as a blend of smoky and tropical Australian tea with a touch of eucalyptus.. A billy is a tradition tea kettle drovers and settlers used to use over a camp fire to make tea and this blend captures that taste perfectly! I don’t get much eucalyptus and honestly the scent reminds me of smoked bacon!! But if I close my eyes, sip my tea and listen to the birds I really do feel as if I’m in the middle of nowhere drinking a cup of fire brewed billy tea!

Not going to rate as I feel this teas really Would be an acquired taste and probably isn’t for everyone but I’m glad I got my hands on some! Now I’m off to see if I can get some good photos of these squawking, rioting larikeets!!

Mikumofu

sounds amazing- both the tea and the birdsong!

DeliriumsFrogs

What a lovely tasting note :)