Ti Kwan Yin

Oolong Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Tea Sipper

• “Additional notes: Sipdown! Yes, it's a sample. Yes, I'm counting it anyway. This is a couple years old now, but it's still VERY good. I like that this tea proved that teas are NOT too old after a...” Read full tasting note
    Tea Sipper 1083 tasting notes
  • “Tealicious Teas sent this free sample. Ti Kuan Yin is not my favorite variety of oolong; it's usually a little too green and grassy. But I like this one. It's growing on me as I drink it. It's...” Read full tasting note
    kristinthomas 302 tasting notes
  • “I found this one to be a bit woodsy, had a dry finish with the classic Oolong flavor staying with you. I was surprised at how different it tasted "barely sipp-able hot" compared with "gulp-able...” Read full tasting note
    Simple 45 tasting notes

From Tea Licious

The finest of oolongs complex taste and rich aroma

205 degrees at 3-5 min

About Tea Licious View company

Additional notes: Sipdown! Yes, it’s a sample. Yes, I’m counting it anyway. This is a couple years old now, but it’s still VERY good. I like that this tea proved that teas are NOT too old after a couple years… at least this one. Some reassurance! I think I appreciate it more that I did before. Tealiciousllc.com says to steep it 3-4 minutes at 205 degrees, but that seems like a bit much for my new knowledge of oolongs. So I did a little experiment and tried it at 30 seconds, took the infuser out and tried a few sips. The flavor was already there. Then I put the infuser back in for another 30 seconds, and the flavor was even deeper. I infused for another 30 seconds and decided to leave the infuser out with this steep, since it almost tasted like a milk oolong.I’m not sure how that is possible… unless maybe this is the sort of oolong that many milk oolongs are based from. The flavor is light, a bit floral and sweet. (So it technically totaled around a minute half.)

Second steep: There were a bunch of oolong crumbs (it was the bottom of thepouch) in the bottom of the cup that were making the first cup bitter, so I poured those out for this cup. Steeped for two and a half minutes. Delicious! More of a peachy and floral flavor!

Third steep: Hotter and 3-4 minutes. This was even stronger and still delicious. I think this has many more good steeps in it. This cup did have a slight drying affect on my mouth though.

It is impossible to ruin this tea, and each second it steeps will give it a completely different flavor. On my new oolong flavor rating scale, this one is a three (1=lightest flavor 5=strongest flavor). It’s interesting how the more tea you drink, the more you know about them.

Tealicious Teas sent this free sample. Ti Kuan Yin is not my favorite variety of oolong; it’s usually a little too green and grassy. But I like this one. It’s growing on me as I drink it. It’s a smidge grassy, but not too much, and it has some nice floral notes.

I gave this a quick wash and then brewed it in my ceramic tea pot.

I found this one to be a bit woodsy, had a dry finish with the classic Oolong flavor staying with you. I was surprised at how different it tasted “barely sipp-able hot” compared with “gulp-able hot”. The taste was much better once it cooled down a bit.