Nilgiri Oolong

Oolong Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Tea Sipper

From Tea Licious

Superb oolong rich aroma with a sweet taste

About Tea Licious View company

There are a few companies called Tea Licious after a search, but I found the site again: http://www.tealiciousllc.com/

I wanted to make a few more notes since this is the last cup of my sample.

First cup: The black flavor is less strong than I remember it. It could be due to how old the tea is OR because it took me a while to decide what tea I wanted, so the water cooled! The color is a nice amber. The flavor is full but sweet. It’s kind of like an assam. I still couldn’t tell that it’s an oolong, if I didn’t know it already.

Second cup: I poured boiling water and let it steep a while and the second cup is the same as the first. Not much of an oolong flavor! It doesn’t really change flavor with the number of steeps like other oolongs would! It’s still good though.

My oolong flavor rating where one would be a light & floral flavor and five would be the strongest flavor, this one is a five.

I’m just happy to actually remove something from my cupboard for once! :D

Azzrian

I know that feeling – not long ago I could not wait to add more now its like an accomplishment to weed through some of the teas I like but don’t LOVE. I just want to still find those GOLDEN teas that I can’t live without – unfortunately a lot of them, not all but a lot, tend to be teas that are not available forever.

Tea Sipper

Yes, exactly!

I don’t think I’ve ever tasted a Nilgiri Oolong before today. This is a really good Oolong. Where most dark Oolongs are on the peach-y side, this one tends to be more on the woody/earthy side, but with light, peach-like undertones. A beautiful honey-like sweetness to this as well.

A unique Oolong. I really enjoyed this one.

This is much like a black tasting black tea than an oolong and I really like it! It’s sweet yet slightly woodsy and rich – near malty even! Very nice!

Very interesting. It’s like a black tea with a twist. I need another few cups to really get my head around this – but it’s really not like a lot of other oolongs I’ve had. I think I like it. :)