Palace Breakfast

Edit tea info Last updated by threewhales

From Tea Palace

Palace Breakfast is an energising, full-bodied aromatic blend of Assam and Ceylon black teas, especially suitable for the first cup of the day.
Place one teaspoon per cup into an infuser, filter or teapot. Add freshly boiled water and infuse for 4 minutes. Serve immediately or remove leaves to prevent spoiling. May be enjoyed with milk or lemon to taste.

About Tea Palace View company

For those who don’t know about it, Steepster has it’s own bookclub! We’re over in the discussions section, & we are on our 2nd book, The American Heiress. In addition to reading the book, we divided into groups (based on tea preference), & are doing tea swaps to match the book!

This tea came from threewhales! It’s bold & brisk, with a malty character & a bright fruity spiciness. A little on the astringent side for my tastes, but still a good start to my day! Thanks threewhales!

Now I’m headed downtown to the London Tea Room to pick out some teas to share with my book club buddies!

The dry leaves smell of Assam, which worried me a bit. But after brewing that robustness was toned down by the Ceylon to create a mild morning cup of tea. Brisk enough for that first cup of tea, but not so over the top with astringency. The first cup I added a wee bit of milk, the second one plain. Lemon might be better than milk.

I found a little bit of this tea tucked in the back of my cupboard and it is turning out to be a delightful morning tea. There is a fair amount of malt and heft which I love in a breakfast blend, but there is also a fair amount of astringency – even after adding milk. Hmmm, its good, but I like some of my other breakfast teas better.