Desi Masala Chai

Black Tea, Cardamom, Cinnamon, Cloves, Ginger
Loose Leaf, Tea Bag
Medium
Edit tea info Last updated by hapatite

• “Backlog: A really fine Chai! The dry leaf aroma is amazing. Even though the ingredients are the "usual suspects" when it comes to the average chai, with this blend, the ingredients have been...” Read full tasting note
    LiberTEAS 4303 tasting notes
  • “First Sip Thought: "Warm, cozy and spicy!" Smell: The fragrant is beyond amazing. I did not expect anything less though coming from a Chai tea and after I read the ingredients. I was glad to not...” Read full tasting note
    teaaholic 47 tasting notes

From Tea People

A robust, full flavoured malty Assam blended with traditional spices like cardamom, cloves, cinnamon and ginger.

When tea was first grown in India to break Chinese monopoly on tea, it was not a popular beverage among the locals. The usual practice was to drink ‘kadha’ instead which was water and milk boiled with spices (as was recommended according to the Ayurveda, an ancient alternative medicinal system based in India). The Indian Tea association (at that time under the British) promoted tea among them in the preferred British way by adding a little milk and sugar. However Indian vendors began adding tea to the kadha they drank already. Although the Tea association at that time frowned at this practice as this reduced the usage (and thus the purchase) of tea leaves, the practice stuck and Chai tea was born! A perfect morning tea or a tea for a busy day.

About Tea People View company

Backlog:

A really fine Chai! The dry leaf aroma is amazing. Even though the ingredients are the “usual suspects” when it comes to the average chai, with this blend, the ingredients have been blended masterfully. The spices aren’t competing with one another, they work to complement each other.

The assam is rich and malty and the spices are blended in just the right way. It’s warm, zesty and spicy, but not over-the-top. Just right!

Check out my full-length review of this one: http://sororiteasisters.com/2014/03/20/desi-masala-chai-blend-tea-people/

First Sip Thought: “Warm, cozy and spicy!”

Smell: The fragrant is beyond amazing. I did not expect anything less though coming from a Chai tea and after I read the ingredients. I was glad to not be disappointed. It’s a well balanced blend of each spice included.

Taste: I have not had a chai in a long time and the moment I took my first sip from this cup I was instantly hooked and started regretting not making an entire pot for myself! This Desi Masala Chai has a burst of so many spicy flavours! It’s the perfect balance of sweet and spicy. It’s a great pick me up for an early morning day as it’s bold taste surely perked me up. It’s never an overpowering taste of a certain spice which I love a lot because in the past, some chai teas for me were way too cinnamon-y. I made this tea with sugar and warmed up milk which made it even more heavenly and definitely so creamy! I would recommend this tea to anyone, especially for a cold wintery morning when you just want to stay in bed all day and not go out there. This tea is like a motivator in a cup. Go for it!

www.theteacupoflife.blogspot.com