Quangzhou Milk Oolong

Oolong Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Tea Sante

1 Tasting Note View all

• “This was my first experience with a milk oolong so I don't have anything to compare it to. The dry tea has a sweet almost bready smell, it steeped into very enjoyable milky smell. The tea...” Read full tasting note
    Originalitea 9 tasting notes

From Tea Sante

Milk Oolong, where to begin? Do we tell you the legends of how it came into existence? Do we tell you how it is actually produced? Do we wax poetic about its luscious flavor? Well, maybe we should do all 3. We’ll start with a legend. The stories of this tea naturally centre on its wonderful milky flavor, which interestingly, is the result of a sudden shift in temperature during harvest – a rare occurrence to say the least. One of the many legends explains that the first time this shift occurred was centuries ago when the moon fell in love with a comet passing through the night sky.

The comet, as all comets are wont to do, passed by, burned out and vanished. The moon, in her sorrow caused a great wind to blow through the hills and valleys bringing about a quick drop in temperature. The next morning, local tea pluckers went out to collect their fresh leaf. To their surprise, when the tea was processed it had developed an amazing milky character, which was attributed to the motherly character of the old moon. (Hey, it’s possible!)

About Tea Sante View company

1 Tasting Note

This was my first experience with a milk oolong so I don’t have anything to compare it to.

The tea itself wasn’t over powered by the milk scent, I found it to be very complimentary to the lightly floral, toasty oolong.

Something I would drink again surely and if you haven’t already tried a milk oolong Tea Sante’s is a great place to start!

chadao

We have a nice milk oolong at Ku Cha. I think it’s from Anxi. It’s probably not as toasty as yours :-)