Wild Arbor Oriental Beauty Oolong

Oolong Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Tea Setter

From Tea Setter

This tea has some delicious deep flavor highlighted by soft sweet notes of grilled stone fruit like peaches or nectarines. This tee is grown in the Wuliang Mountains of Yunnan Province, China from wild, large leaf tea trees.

About Tea Setter View company

I’m almost completely certain Oriental Beauty is my favorite type of oolong. I’ve enjoyed every variant I’ve tried of it, thus far. And this is, by no small margin, my favorite. No, not just because it had the words “wild” and “arbor” in the title. (Although, that certainly helps.)

The taste is all tart, sweet, fruity, and some form of magic not known to us humans. I would say more…but that might be windbagging it a bit.

Like I did here: http://steepstories.com/2013/09/19/wild-arbor/

Holy peaches Batman! This tea is super aromatic with heavy notes of peach and a touch of citrus. The sweet aftertaste lingers in the nicest way.

The dry leaves of Wild Arbor Oriental Beauty Oolong come with a musty hazelnut smell, so it would seem that we’re steering away from the vegetals and the florals. There’s a touch of dried fruit in there as well, perhaps black cherry. This coalesces in the cup as some true fruitiness overlaid with cooked nuts–caramel apples at the peak of the holidays. Dare I call this a Thanksgiving tea? The aroma gets more and more savory as it sits; at least now we know where the turkey got to.

Luckily, the tea itself has no poultry notes. (Could you imagine the audaci-tea?) Rather, the first infusion brings in all those apples in full force, pummeling your mouth with that fructose flavor. The other main player here is… Full review here: http://snooteablog.com/2013/09/14/snooty-tea-review-tea-setter-round-2/

This is a very aromatic tea. I recommend only 10 seconds for the first infusion, because it is a stronger tasting tea. It also has a beautiful color.

barnara

I agree that the color is really beautiful…can you feel relaxed just by looking at color? Or is it all the health benefits of Oolong that I have been reading about? Either way, it’s a comforting tea!

Sallysquilting

Color is important and is only the beginning of a relaxing experience…..gotta taste it too! :)
At least I have to…..love my teas! Enjoy!

Fruity is right on the money with this one! I am absolutely terrible at describing the nuanced flavors, but this one screams fruit. There is a lot of natural sweetness and a bit of citrus. Big fan!