Grand Keemun

Cocoa, Malt, Plums, Smoke
Edit tea info Last updated by AaronmWInter

From Tea Source

Bill’s desert island tea. This black tea from China steeps up dark, rich luxuriant, smooth, slightly sweet, toasty, with an almost cocoa-like note. It is a completely satisfying experience. Keemuns are often compared to burgundy wines; Grand Keemun would be comparable to a really good Burgundy wine.

About Tea Source View company

This is one of those teas I can’t stop smelling and in the past few weeks this has quickly become one of those teas that I’m going to have to keep around. I was worried when I first got it because I could smell just a hint of smoke and me and smoked teas have not gotten along in the past. It remains just a hint that comes out in the steam, but plays nicely with the other flavors in the tea itself. It’s like natural cocoa, malt, and dark purple plums, and did I mention it smells amazing? I think I’ve found a tea to take camping.

Flavors: Cocoa, Malt, Plums, Smoke

This was my breakfast tea this mroning. I was going to try something new, but I just wasn’t in the mood. I wanted something black with caffeine. Again, I enjoyed it for a plain, good black tea in the morning. I love that this one came in its own tin.

I’m not crazy about this one—not a surprise. I’ve had mixed reactions to China Blacks and especially the ones from Anhui. I do love Black Bud and Hunan Dark and Keemun Mao Feng, which is an Anhui tea. But hated Empire Keemun, and this is more reminiscent of that one. Just a bit too earthy, too smokey for my tastes—especially unadulterated with milk—a little dairy or almond milk does make this more drinkable, but hardly a favorite.

Boiling 4 min, 0 sec 3 tsp 28 OZ / 828 ML

Very nice full bodied black tea.