Silver Bud Ya Bao

White Tea
White Tea Leaves
Orange Zest, Peach, Apricot, Grass, Flowers, Fruit Tree Flowers, Honey, Licorice, Melon, Cloves, Candy, Nutmeg
Medium
Edit tea info Last updated by ZachMangan

Available from 1 seller.

• “Huge buds look like albino grasshoppers. A great gateway white tea the flavor is more powerful than your average (white peony) white tea. Lovely lingering spicy note and the price isn't bad either....” Read full tasting note
    MeadowTea 4 tasting notes
  • “Hello Steepster! I'm back from my trip to Minneapolis but we were so busy with my boyfriend's family that we didn't get to visit ANY tea shops much less do much sightseeing. Oh well. I'm bummed to...” Read full tasting note
    amyoh2 2542 tasting notes
  • “Not keen on these teas as they are so subtle I basically need someone with experience to walk me through. Mostly flavors of oat-grass and a faint hint of sweetness but that's all I got out of it....” Read full tasting note
    BigDaddy 61 tasting notes
  • “I received this in my Steepster Select in March. First, this tea is not like other teas. There are actual large, yellow-white, downy BUDS in this tea. Out of the package, it smelled very fresh...” Read full tasting note
    oOTeaOo 1599 tasting notes

From Tea Source

A rare, white tea plucked at the end of winter, consisting of all buds from wild growing trees. Mellow, sweet, with an unmistakable fruitiness.

About Tea Source View company

I’m not new to Yabao (anymore), & although I don’t hate it, I admit that it’s not something I will ever crave.

It always brings to mind a bowl of cooked cream of wheat. There is also a mild fruity sweetness, & a pleasant creamy texture.

MzPriss

There was brief segment on The Splendid Table yesterday and they tasted Ya Bao. I was going to look it up.

Terri HarpLady

Cool! It’s been awhile since I listened to that show!

When I opened the sample from Steepster Select, I was awed and confused by the look of these leaves. A 3 minute infusion yielded little change in color and I knew I was in for an extremely delicate white tea. While I tend to like my white teas a bit more potent, this was delicious. The subtle flavors and aromas are intoxicating, and I plan on purchasing quite a bit more of this stuff in the future.

First tea to try out of Steepster box this month. Tea itself is really neat looking. Taste was very good, light. I resteeped this twice, which I hardly ever do. I can say that I enjoyed all three times. Really nice tea, nice way to start out the box!

I LOVE white tea so this is right up my alley!! This is so unique! I love the appearance of the dry tea leaves, they look like little dried white cone flowers.
Glad I have my tea temp kettle because this is a low temp and I didn’t want to hurt this delicate tea.
The flavors are subtle and they come together to create a dessert of cooked fruit with hints of nutmeg and honey. I detect mainly apricot or peach fruits.
Thank you Steepster and Tea Source,,,I love Steepster Select because I was unaware of this company and am super stoked about all their white teas!!!!!!!

From the Steepster Select Box, March 2014

6/11/14
Tasting a bit of the bag I bought from Tea Source. So fruity, zingy, and good. There is a sugar note, multi-fruits, Sweet Tarts, touch of licorice. Mike and Ike’s candies. Love the out of this world look and flavor of Ya Bao. I like to age it,,,it is getting sweeter.

Flavors: Apricot, Candy, Honey, Nutmeg

I really enjoyed this, and I brewed a full pot so it was a little lighter than it would be in a smaller cup.

The primary flavor is very flowery, slightly earthy.
I don’t get so much of a fruit note as a wholesome woodsy flavor.
Very enjoyable, and was perfect to start my day at work.

Flavors: Flowers