Golden Monkey Extra-tippy

Edit tea info Last updated by Rachel J

• “2 tbsp in 24 oz pot First tea of the morning. I already knew that my stomach is sensitive in the morning, so this morning, after a few sips with no additions, I found it too bitter/astringent...” Read full tasting note
    RachelJ 110 tasting notes

From Tea Trekker

Black tea
Fujian Province, China
Fully-oxidized
Orthodox manufacture
Large, curly shape, with abundant tip
Smooth, fruity flavor
Fresh aroma with hints of stone-fruit and almonds
Clear amber-colored liquor tinged copper

About Tea Trekker View company

2 tbsp in 24 oz pot

First tea of the morning. I already knew that my stomach is sensitive in the morning, so this morning, after a few sips with no additions, I found it too bitter/astringent and added a splash of soy creamer. After a few more sips, I also had to add a teaspoon of sugar (for whole pot). Then, I found it tasty and smooth.

After a little more, I realized I was starting to feel a little icky, so I started eating some Carr’s wheat crackers (very reminiscent of digestive biscuits). AHA!!! Now the tea was perfect. Amazing how a bite of something every few sips changes everything.

I think I’ve discovered that I simply have to eat something with my morning tea even if it’s just a slice of toast.

The last cup of the pot was like a perfect morning brew. If I eat with the tea, I bet I could decrease or eliminate the cream and sugar too.