Gua Feng Zhai 2012 Spring

Pu-erh Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Charles Thomas Draper

1 Tasting Note View all

• “Quite frankly I knew I was in for a special tea. The dried leaves are the longest I have ever seen. The initial steepings presented an intense mouth feel and flavors that I can never describe. ...” Read full tasting note
    chasmargate 293 tasting notes

From Tea Urchin

Made from 300-500 year old tea trees, growing in the forest, three hours walk from the village of Gua Feng Zhai, this is a feisty, full flavored, early spring cake that will power through 10+ infusions and keep on giving. This tea has a highly energising chaqi with a sweet huigan top note. Avoid drinking on an empty stomach or it will make you dizzy.

About Tea Urchin View company

1 Tasting Note

Quite frankly I knew I was in for a special tea. The dried leaves are the longest I have ever seen. The initial steepings presented an intense mouth feel and flavors that I can never describe. The later steepings became more subdued but still beyond interesting nonetheless. I have totally fallen for the world of Sheng. Beyond the flavor and aroma profiles you are dealing with teas which are mind blowing. Teas that take your mind and body to places you have never been before. To say I highly recommend this tea would be an understatement.

Asaf Mazar

Thanks for sharing! sorting out the phenomenal shengs from the mundane is something that is best done from recommendations such as this rather than from vendor descriptions. I look forwards to trying this one.

Charles Thomas Draper

Asaf, it is all that and more…

Terri HarpLady

Although still new in this area, I also find sheng quite alluring, not to mention mind-blowing, 3rd eye opening, etc.
It’s a tea that I have to reserve for its own time, & sometimes I look at all of the shengs out there, wanting to try a new one. Mostly I’m relying on reviews of others to make my selections, so thanks Charles! This one sounds interesting!