Man Zhuan 2012 Spring

Pu-erh Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Doug F

From Tea Urchin

Man Zhuan 蛮砖 is one of the 6 famous tea mountains of ancient times. This cake is made from 100-300 year old tea trees growing at 1,250m elevation. The liquor is an attractive bright honey color, and the thick soup creates a smooth, rounded mouthfeel. The aroma is pleasingly sweet, with that signature floral scent of Yiwu teas. But the flavour is most impressive, full of grass & fresh hay, quite bitter when pushed, but with almost no astringency. This multi dimensional taste suggests it will age well. One of the highlights of this tea is the huigan, which leaves a persistent sweetness in the throat, even after 5 infusions. Read more about Man Zhuan on our blog. This limited production run of 42 cakes was completely hand picked, hand processed & stone pressed in Yiwu.

About Tea Urchin View company

I’m a big fan of Man Zhuan shengs and this one in particular. It starts out soft and minty with a hint of lemon. The mid-steeps present a flavor reminiscent of icy-cold mountain spring water with a sweetness that coats the throat and a pleasant touch of bitterness to keep you honest. The tea has a calming energy and good endurance.

200 °F / 93 °C 0 min, 15 sec 7 g 5 OZ / 140 ML

I love this one!

This is so good…why do I keep falling in love with samples of $100+ cakes I can’t afford :(

Terri HarpLady

That is our way :)

+1 for expensive tastes :P

One day you will afford it, though, right?? :D

If it happens like last time KiwiDelight, they will sell out before I save up. The Guafengzai I was in love with is out of stock weeps for GFZ

it is just learning experience. i cannot drink only pu i can afford.

Hmmm, Christmas bonus?

Maybe I shouldn’t try to rationalize.

This is a very fine tea!

Agreed, love the $$$ stuff as well!

I can find cheap shou that is delicious, but I oh do I love expensive young sheng!

Let’s buy this cake! =D

I DO think I want to put together a group order!

I’ve not yet had the pleasure of tasting Tea Urchin pu’erh. What about this sheng made you fall in love with it?

LooseTman they will make you a set of samples for $30 if you shoot them an email! That’s how I got addicted :) This particular one I really like for its complexity and pleasant bitterness. It also has a wonderful energy. I just feel good when I drink it! My favorite cake from them that is not sold out is the Miles Birthday blend, I’d really really like to get a couple of people to go in on a cake of THAT one with me! :D

Yeah, I HAVE to get more of that Miles cake before it sells out…I need at least one other person to go in on it with me though :(

If you really liked their 2012 Guafengzhai, they’re supposedly pressing a Guafengzhai cake this year again.. Should be 200g. Maybe more affordable?

Doug F

This was one of my favorites too, along with the Lao Man E

Thanks for the tip jschergen!

Doug F I have a sample of that, too, I should revisit it soon :)