Wan Gong 2014 Spring

Pu-erh Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by SWApilot
Boiling 0 min, 15 sec 5 g 5 oz / 147 ml

1 Tasting Note View all

• “Another excellent Pu'er from Eugene and Belle. In their words "... this Wangong cake is a stand out processing from the 2014 spring harvest" and are they ever correct. The color of the soup is a...” Read full tasting note
    swapilot 104 tasting notes

From Tea Urchin

Wan Gong village was abandoned a century ago after reputed cattle thieving led to a massacre of the local community, and now the trees grow in relative isolation, over 3 hours walk from Ding Jia Zhai and Gua Feng Zhai. Tea poaching used to be common here, until the trees were recently distributed between the neighboring villages.

Wan Gong 2014 Spring is honey sweet with an initial flavor of orchids, complex mid palate and finish. The mouth feel is voluptuously thick and smooth. Even if over steeped it will not become astringent. There is a clear but subtle floral aroma that emanates from the tea liquor. A clear stand out tea from our 2014 selection. Highly recommend!

About Tea Urchin View company

1 Tasting Note

Another excellent Pu’er from Eugene and Belle. In their words “… this Wangong cake is a stand out processing from the 2014 spring harvest” and are they ever correct. The color of the soup is a beautiful golden color. The smell of the soup is an excellent floral and grassy combination that is a delight to smell. The taste is quite simply amazing. To my taste buds the soup has a very well balanced floral and grass flavor with just a hint of honey that comes out at the end. What really surprised me is just how smooth this Sheng is. After seven steepings there was absolutely no astringency and just the slightest hint of kuwei. My favorite part of this Sheng is the energy it exhibits. Here I am twenty minutes after my last sip and my tastes buds are still excited and I can actually still taste this wonderful tea.

Boiling 0 min, 15 sec 5 g 5 OZ / 147 ML