Bao Tang 2013 Spring

Pu-erh Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by SWApilot

• “I believe this is my first experience with a Baotang tea. The quality of the material used in this cake is excellent. Baotang is a village in Mengsong township, Menghai. Apparently, in Baotang...” Read full tasting note
    Dignitea 309 tasting notes
  • “Another truly amazing tea from Eugene and Belle (I sense a theme here). They say that this tea is "One of our hidden gems", and folks it really is. The color of the liquor is a beautiful gold...” Read full tasting note
    swapilot 104 tasting notes

From Tea Urchin

One of our hidden gems. Made from low yielding ancient trees, growing in forest at 1,820-1,870m. A blissful aroma of brown sugar and toffee wafts from the emptied cup, matched with a bright, clear liquor, deliciously sweet on the palate, and a long finish accentuated by huigan. We highly recommend this!

About Tea Urchin View company

I believe this is my first experience with a Baotang tea. The quality of the material used in this cake is excellent. Baotang is a village in Mengsong township, Menghai. Apparently, in Baotang the trees are large & ancient, growing in biodiverse, organic gardens. Beautiful leaves produce a bright and clear gold tea soup with a crisp vegetal aroma and taste. Pleasant but not impressive at this point. Very soon the leaves open up and begin to produce a much more interesting cup of tea – increasingly thick in the mouth with a nice bitterness that turns into a pleasant lingering sweetness. Moving through five quick steepings, the cups become increasingly mellow and smooth. I was left with a lingering mouthfeel and a good mellow feeling. I like this tea!
Update: Seems to be enjoyable for 6 steepings and after that it fades.

195 °F / 90 °C 0 min, 15 sec 5 g 3 OZ / 85 ML
Stephanie

Sounds good to me :D

tea123

I’ve heard a mention of biodoverse before. I’m thinking of buying that one soon.

AllanK

I had a sample of a Tea Urchin tea recently and I thought it excellent. This sounds good too.

DigniTea

I find that I can always count on TU for hi quality productions because they are able to source very fine raw material. I am a big fan.

Another truly amazing tea from Eugene and Belle (I sense a theme here). They say that this tea is “One of our hidden gems”, and folks it really is. The color of the liquor is a beautiful gold and it smells like hay mixed with a bit of butter and hint of brown sugar. The tea itself is very smooth with lots of great huigan and absolutely no kuwei or astringency. The taste of the tea is that of grass with light undertones of butter, nuttiness, and brown sugar. As with all Tea Urchin teas the energy of this tea is unbelievable. Almost forty minutes after my steeping session my taste buds are still excited and I can actually still taste the tea!!! Well done Eugene and Belle, and at $58 for 357g this tea is an outstanding bargain.

Boiling 0 min, 15 sec 5 g 5 OZ / 147 ML