Jungle Monkey Chai

Rooibos Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by LiberTEAS
Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 12 oz / 368 ml

• “Backlog: One of the yummiest rooibos chai blends I've tasted ... ever. It's a very cinnamon-y chai, but I also note peppery flavors as well as clove. But what makes this chai unique is the...” Read full tasting note
    LiberTEAS 4449 tasting notes
  • “The weather is deceptive! I looked outside and saw the sun shining and a complete lack of wind...perfect weather for a stroll to the thrift store (hunt for a new teacup!) but the minute I stuck my...” Read full tasting note
    SoggyEnderman 385 tasting notes
  • “Steep Information: Amount: 3 tsp Water: 500ml at 212°F Tool: make your own paper teabag Steep Time: a little over 5 minutes https://www.teaity.com Served: Hot Tasting Notes: Dry Leaf Smell:...” Read full tasting note
    amazonv 702 tasting notes
  • “*'Here's Hoping' traveling teabox Round #2 // Tea #39* Oh the ingredients here are fun! A rooibos chai with coconut, banana, chocolate! If only you could taste them more. The rooibos is a nice...” Read full tasting note
    Tea Sipper 1450 tasting notes

From Tea Xotics

A signature herbal tea blend blend. Swinging from a tree with rooibos, coco, coconut & banana, chai spices and flavor. A customer favorite! Try with a splash of milk or cream

About Tea Xotics View company

Backlog:

One of the yummiest rooibos chai blends I’ve tasted … ever. It’s a very cinnamon-y chai, but I also note peppery flavors as well as clove.

But what makes this chai unique is the coconut, banana and chocolate! I love that the coconut and banana are in there, and they are strong flavors. I wish that the chocolate was stronger than it is (because more chocolate always = better.)

The nutty flavor of the rooibos works well with this tisane too, it all comes together in a very flavorful way. Really much better than I would have expected given how much is going on with this chai.

The weather is deceptive! I looked outside and saw the sun shining and a complete lack of wind…perfect weather for a stroll to the thrift store (hunt for a new teacup!) but the minute I stuck my head outside I yelped and slammed the door. COLD!! I was under the impression that it was going to be warmer, but it seems I was deceived. At least I didn’t have to go out, unlike Ben who came home and icicle after his bus was late. I need to think about something warm and exotic, like this tea.

Today’s tea is Jungle Monkey Chai by Tea Xotics, a spicetacular (it’s a word now) blend of Rooibos, Cocoa, Bananas, Coconut, Chai Spices, and Flavors. The aroma is intense, mixing chocolate, banana, and coconut for a sweet and creamy taste. Toss in the earthy aroma of rooibos as an afterthought and a pleasant undertone of spices and you have a crazy, mouthwatering blend. The aroma reminds me of an ice cream that I ate tons of as a teenager (it also had monkey in the name) but with the added bonus of chai spices.

The brewed leaves still have a very clear sweet creaminess reminiscent of ice cream, but the chai spices and rooibos earthiness become much more distinct. It does make the aroma seem a little muddy since there is so much going on, but it is still pretty mouthwatering. The liquid is very sweet and creamy, with notes of earthiness and strong spiciness. At the end there is a kick of rich chocolate.

After the aroma of this tea being nothing short of a decadent dessert, I have high hopes for the tasting. As is typical with chais, I have this with a copious amount of Half & Half, but I did not add my usual sugar since Rooibos is pretty sweet on its own. First impression: Sweet! Bananas! Chai! ICE CREAM TEA!! This tea tastes so much like the ice cream I used to eat that I am practically dancing around with happiness. The chai spice taste is distinct, but it does not overpower the tropical goodness of coconut and bananas. The mid to aftertaste is earthiness and chocolate, which is a nice finish for such a sweet tea. I do wish the chocolate had been stronger (but when don’t I?) but other than that, this is an awesome tea.

For photos and blog: http://ramblingbutterflythoughts.blogspot.com/2014/01/tea-xotics-jungle-monkey-chai-tea-review.html

Yvonne

Mmmm…this sounds lovely.

Steep Information:
Amount: 3 tsp
Water: 500ml at 212°F
Tool: make your own paper teabag
Steep Time: a little over 5 minutes https://www.teaity.com
Served: Hot

Tasting Notes:
Dry Leaf Smell: pepper, so strong nothing else is making it to register as a small
Steeped Tea Smell: pepper, something sweet hiding under the pepper
Flavor: pepper! with a cinnamon sweet finish
Body: Full
Aftertaste: pepper!
Liquor: nearly opaque cloudy light orange brown

Post-Steep Additives:
added sugar
more cinnamon, hints of banana
chocolate coconut finish

I think this requires sweetening to bring out all the flavors.
Very fun!

I got this as part of my Amoda Tea subscription which i sadly can no longer afford. It was heat fun.

Rating: 3/4 leaves

Blog: http://amazonv.blogspot.com/2014/02/tea-xotics-loose-leaf-rooibos-tisane.html

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 3 tsp 17 OZ / 500 ML

’Here’s Hoping’ traveling teabox Round #2 // Tea #39
Oh the ingredients here are fun! A rooibos chai with coconut, banana, chocolate! If only you could taste them more. The rooibos is a nice one. There is a hint of spice. The coconut is nice – it’s the big flakey type that has the best flavor in teas. The chocolate and banana would have been something special. What I can taste is cohesive though!

I think I’m getting burned out on all these teabox tasting notes! Almost done with them, then I’ll be sipping my favorite teas for a while, I think.

From the HHTTB2

A coconut, banana, chocolate chai that won’t keep me awake all night? I’m there.

This is a nice herbal. I like the robust coconut flavor and the sweetness of the banana. I don’t taste the chocolate at all. I kinda wish it were there even a little. I do like that the rooibos does not have a strong medicinal taste or an overly strong woody note. All in all this is a good herbal. I think my kids would enjoy it even more than I did.

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML
VariaTEA

Were the spices strong?

Veronica

No, they were pretty mild. Coconut was the dominant flavor followed by banana. The spice was kinda hanging out in the background.