Jungpana (Spring) Darjeeling Organic Black Tea

Edit tea info Last updated by sunshine5150

1 Tasting Note View all

• “I'm probably gonna be logging a bunch of these sans any real notes, and while normally that could seem suspect (like "this tea was totally unremarkable but I'll note to myself I tried it for...” Read full tasting note
    ifjuly 605 tasting notes

From Teabox

Another winner from the isolated Jungpana tea estate, where with predominantly old machinery, applying updated knowledge and methods, they produce classic teas with a modern twist. This First Flush export-quality tea exhibits striking high-tone muscatel character over a rich, warm, woody bass. A tea for all Darjeeling lovers.

Jungpana is a small estate nestled in the hills of the Darjeeling region, known for the muscatel flavor of its teas. Pure china bushes is primarily used, coupled with different manufacturing techniques resulting an the finest example of richness in flavour and bouquet that Darjeeling teas are renowned for. Jungpana is a garden of highest quality in Darjeeling, it enjoys the most unique micro climatic and soil conditions. This location and climate produces a distinct flavor and consequently has been established as the the leading quality estate of Darjeeling.

Sku: FFJPB

90-100C / 194-212F
3-4 Mins

About Teabox View company

1 Tasting Note

I’m probably gonna be logging a bunch of these sans any real notes, and while normally that could seem suspect (like “this tea was totally unremarkable but I’ll note to myself I tried it for posterity so I don’t try it again sometime”) given current busy-ness it doesn’t mean that at all. I haven’t had a darjeeling from this kit yet I don’t like, phew.

I’m probably going to refrain from putting steeping parameters in my notes ‘til I perfect my Breville adjustments on a scale (ho hum, more nerdy archival neatnik tendency) and post them at some point, from then on putting the recommended steep times I’d use traditionally (for helpfulness’ sake) knowing I’ve adjusted for the Breville if I mention it or as a given.