Jasmine Chung Hao

Green Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Jason

• “This is a very heavy jasmine tea. The scent is heavy and the mouth feel is heavy so that they seem to match in weight making the strength seem appropriate. I'm pretty sure there is a hint of...” Read full tasting note
    Chin4do11 154 tasting notes
  • “Very excited to be trying my very first tea from Teafrog and it's interesting I chose the free sample they threw in instead of one of the samples I bought. This tea taste almost like a Jasmine...” Read full tasting note
    Ubacat 105 tasting notes

From TeaFrog

Made from the finest Chung Hao green tea from China, this fragrant Jasmine tea used to be reserved exclusively for the Imperial Court. The tea is scented with young jasmine blossoms, harvested during the day when they are closed and added to the tea as they open in the evening. The leaves of the tea and the jasmine flowers are layered and left until the fragrance of the flower has been absorbed by the tea.

This Jasmine tea has a lightly perfumed aroma and a sweet, delicate taste and should be served without cream or sweetener. It is low in caffeine and is suitable as an afternoon or a dinner tea to aid digestion and to cleanse the palette.

About TeaFrog View company

TeaFrog ships high quality tea to anywhere in North America. Founded in 2006 by Mike and Melanie, TeaFrog endeavors make quality tea accessible to more people, as well as educating the community about the benefits and the myths of tea.

I’m pretty sure there is a hint of spice from the tea base to which is really neat. Like the way arugula is spicy so I know plants can exhibit that flavor. Never expected that from a tea base but it makes the whole blend exciting!

Very excited to be trying my very first tea from Teafrog and it’s interesting I chose the free sample they threw in instead of one of the samples I bought. This tea taste almost like a Jasmine Green I have in a teabag. I don’t know the name of the Jasmine Green I have in the tea bag. I took it out of the box (bought it from Loblaws) and it has Jasmine Tea stamped on it and some Chinese writing – no company name. That said, this tea has a nice floral jasmine scent . I don’t consider it too strong but I love floral scented teas. The tea itself is delicate, no bitterness .

175 °F / 79 °C 4 min, 0 sec 1 tsp