Kalahari

Rooibos Tea
Lemon Zest
Edit tea info Last updated by Jason

• “Another update leading to a full review: http://www.itsallabouttheleaf.com/1678/tea-review-teafrog-kalahari-rooibos-2/ (Nice change-of-pace if you need something to remind you spring's coming ......” Read full tasting note
    gmathis 1625 tasting notes
  • “I've never tried a fruity rooibos before, but the description of this one made me give it a chance. I wasn't sure what to think when I smelled it in the bag. I didn't smell the woodiness of...” Read full tasting note
    infused1 183 tasting notes
  • “Review by Jamie: "I was told to cut out caffeine for a bit so I went to Teafrog looking for some rooibos decaf amusement and they came through for me with three tisane recommendations. Grabbed them...” Read full tasting note
    allabouttheleaf 14 tasting notes
  • “I thought I had ordered the LOVE rooibos as a sample from Teafrog and got this one instead. Pretty weird. It certainly smelled good in the bag. I think the name Kalahari threw me off for what...” Read full tasting note
    Ubacat 103 tasting notes

From TeaFrog

An incredible, yet subtle, lime flavour lend this Rooibos Blend knockout power. Lemongrass and Cornflowers combine with the lime flavor to make the tea a visual and olfactory delight. This tea leaves you wanting another cup every time!

Ingredients: Rooibos, Lemongrass, Cornflowers, Flavour

About TeaFrog View company

TeaFrog ships high quality tea to anywhere in North America. Founded in 2006 by Mike and Melanie, TeaFrog endeavors make quality tea accessible to more people, as well as educating the community about the benefits and the myths of tea.

(Nice change-of-pace if you need something to remind you spring’s coming … someday …)

I’ve never tried a fruity rooibos before, but the description of this one made me give it a chance. I wasn’t sure what to think when I smelled it in the bag. I didn’t smell the woodiness of rooibos at all, but I did smell a strong scent that I couldn’t place at first. It finally came to me. It smells like lemon flavoured Halls (the cough drops). I hoped the taste would be mellower than the smell.

When really hot, it did have a strong medicinal taste to it, that thankfully mellowed out a bit when it cooled. Not horrible, but not one I’ll be reaching for anytime soon. I think the added flavouring is just too strong in this, as lemongrass and cornflowers wouldn’t overpower the rooibos the way this is. I’ll put it on the list of teas to try drinking when I have a sore throat.

Review by Jamie: “I was told to cut out caffeine for a bit so I went to Teafrog looking for some rooibos decaf amusement and they came through for me with three tisane recommendations. Grabbed them all because I’m self indulgent that way (tea is my only real vise, I swear)…”

Read the full review at: http://www.itsallabouttheleaf.com/457/tea-review-teafrog-kalahari-rooibos/

I thought I had ordered the LOVE rooibos as a sample from Teafrog and got this one instead. Pretty weird. It certainly smelled good in the bag. I think the name Kalahari threw me off for what I expected in a smell and flavour. It was almost like doing a blind test! I kept thinking there was something slightly familiar to Rishi’s Earl Grey Rooibos but not quite. Then I saw lemongrass in the ingredients and that explained that since bergamot and lemongrass are both citrusy. I like infused1’s comment about how this smells and tastes like Hall’s lemon cough drops. I agree. I think a little too much lemon flavour was added on top of the lemongrass. I always like Hall’s lemon cough drops though so I do sort of enjoy the tea. But would I buy it again? Probably not.

Flavors: Lemon Zest