Treasure of Persia

Edit tea info Last updated by Geoffrey Norman

1 Tasting Note View all

This is an interesting black tea that I had to name myself because I’m unaware of any existing fancy names for Iranian-grown tea. My supplier for this tea was approached by someone who said he knew a tea farmer in the north of Iran and could get some for her. She agreed and it arrived unpackaged—basically in large plastic bags (a common way for tea farmers to store the bulk tea before selling it on to wholesalers and distributors, or packaging it for retail sale themselves). Despite this somewhat sketchy provenance, I sampled the tea and thought it tasted wonderful—something between the black teas of Georgia (the republic, not the US state) and a Keemun Mao Feng. I also thought it would be great to give the Tea Geek membership a rare chance at Iranian tea.

About View company

1 Tasting Note

To quote Hannibal from The A-Team: “I love it when a plan comes together.”

If any of you were paying attention a ways back, I was whining about wanting to try some Iranian-grown tea. Through mysteeeeerious methods, I was able to acquire some. And it lived up to the hurdles it took to acquire it. It’s smoky, malty, fruity, nutty, and just plane pleasant all around…if a bit on the light side.

I would definitely break a U.S. blockade for more.

Full write-up here: