Gina Amaretta

Edit tea info Last updated by Kristin

• “I have to thank *Rachel* for sending me a bit of this tea. I really love this tea! bittersweet, robust, and delicious! I'm off to write a review for this tea on the Tea Review Blog!” Read full tasting note
    LiberTEAS 4458 tasting notes
  • “This lost a few points. It tastes different today. The amaretto is too strong and lingers on the tongue uncomfortably long. I wonder what happened. Maybe I used too much tea or hit a very...” Read full tasting note
    RachanaC 432 tasting notes
  • “Well I'm normally not much for flavored black teas, particularly those with caffeine in them (which I try to avoid), but this smelled so good in the sample K sent that I just had to make it this...” Read full tasting note
    lisbet 267 tasting notes
  • “I've had a love of Amaretto/Almond flavored black teas for as long as I can remember. It's so hard to find a good one though. This TeaGschwender tea is really really good. The almond flavor is...” Read full tasting note
    kristinthomas 302 tasting notes

From TeaGschwendner

The heavy aroma and bittersweet flavor of Amaretto blend perfectly with this Indian black tea to create a delicious drink you are sure to fall in love with.

One heaping teaspoon per 8oz cup of filtered, boiling water. Allow to brew 2 min.

About TeaGschwendner View company

I have to thank Rachel for sending me a bit of this tea. I really love this tea!

bittersweet, robust, and delicious!

I’m off to write a review for this tea on the Tea Review Blog!

TeaEqualsBliss

Gee, Rachel sure has some awesome teas I have never tried before! :P

RachanaC (Rachel)-iHeartTeas

You ain’t seen the half of it TeaEqualsBliss. LOL :-)

TeaEqualsBliss

Well…it may be a few weeks – but if you are interested in another swap!? LOL Let me know!

RachanaC (Rachel)-iHeartTeas

We will have to wait and see I am working on one now plus with the holidays I am sure things will get crazy. I am sure we can work it out for some time though. Just send me PM’s or E-Mail me a list of what you would like so I can keep a list going for you if that works.

This lost a few points. It tastes different today. The amaretto is too strong and lingers on the tongue uncomfortably long. I wonder what happened. Maybe I used too much tea or hit a very concentrated flavor spot. Whatever, it is it was way to overwhelming.

Cofftea

Haha at 1st I thought this said “Gin Amaretta”!=D

RachanaC (Rachel)-iHeartTeas

Oh if only…just kidding. :-)

Well I’m normally not much for flavored black teas, particularly those with caffeine in them (which I try to avoid), but this smelled so good in the sample K sent that I just had to make it this morning, when the weather is making me groggier than usual. It’s absolutely delicious in the bag- not the usual rank artificial amaretto. Brewed, this actually makes a really satisfying cup of tea without the bitterness that black tea can impart. It’s important not to oversteep it, but correctly brewed it has a soothing mildness and nutty sweetness that I really like. It’s great with a little milk- unsweetened vanilla almond milk in my case. I dig this one- for a black tea ;) Nice and relaxing, despite the caffeine.

Kristin

I’ve pretty much given up on flavored blacks. This is the only flavored black in my tea drawer (and I drink it infrequently because of the caffeine). It is getting pretty old (maybe a year) and yet it still smells & tastes that good.

I’ve had a love of Amaretto/Almond flavored black teas for as long as I can remember. It’s so hard to find a good one though. This TeaGschwender tea is really really good. The almond flavor is not overpowering, but is more of a background flavor enhancing the black tea. The black tea tastes like a ceylon. It can get a little bitter if you over brew it.