Spring Fruit

Caramel, Metallic, Tangy, Tart
Edit tea info Last updated by Kristin
200 °F / 93 °C 8 min or more 16 oz / 473 ml

From TeaGschwendner

A delicate fruit blend anchored by a subtle and rewarding touch of caramel.

Apple pieces
Rose hips
Hibiscus blossoms
Mallow blossoms
Marigold blossoms

Two heaping teaspoons per 8oz cup of filtered, boiling water. Allow to brew 5+ min.

About TeaGschwendner View company

This is my last cup of this sample. The free sample TG put in my last order made 2 cups. I really like this tea. I could see myself drinking this all the time as my evening tea. I will probably have to order some of this.

195 °F / 90 °C 8 min or more

Thanks for sending some considering you like it this much _

I didn’t send any of this one. I only had a 2 cup sample. You must be thinking of something else. (or sarcasm?)

Oh no. you’ll be disappointed. I sent you this one: http://steepster.com/teas/teas-etc/5518-summer-berries

Sorry! The one that I liked in that last bunch was the coconut custard… and I liked the cherry one a little bit.

Oh no, no sarcasm :) I just oopsed because I thought this was the one you sent. I like the coconut custard a fair bit myself, but I haven’t tried the summer berries yet!

Sipdown (and a sample from the lovely Sil!) late last night while reading. My book list seems to be expanding faster than I can keep up, but it’s cold outside, and there’s plenty of tea inside so I’m thinking I’ll manage somehow. :)

Luckily I read the tasting notes before making this or I would have been CONVINCED that this was the wrong tea. I wasn’t expecting caramel at all, in the scent or in the flavor, especially with hibiscus as an ingredient! Usually everything kind of fades to the background with all the tart flavor. I didn’t do much to help the situation, either, by steeping this sucker for EIGHT MINUTES.

In retrospect, whoops.

But the caramel really did a good job holding its own here – not in the middle of the sip, because HIBISCUS, but a nice sweetness took over at the end to make up for some of the metallic, sour tartness. It had a lovely juicy texture – reminded me of cranberry juice a bit, actually- and overall was pretty well balanced. I think the only thing I want to say negative about it is that my tastebuds seemed to get fatigued with it – they seemed less sensitive to the nuances over time and towards the last 4 oz. all I got was tangy hisbiscus and no more caramel.

It was a nifty tea and something to experience for sure! Thanks again Sil for sending some my way!

Flavors: Caramel, Metallic, Tangy, Tart

Boiling 8 min or more 2 tsp 16 OZ / 473 ML

hahaha i can just imaging that :)

I had this one again today as my afternoon tea while gaming. Apart from the fact that while brewing it, my entire house smells like caramel, i am a fan of the blending of sweet caramel with the “sour” fruit notes. I’m really glad i gave this one a shot even though it seemed like an odd thing to mix when i first read the description in the store :)

Final Count: Still 100 …

I remember when you were at 300 :)

Cameron B.

Whoa, 300… That makes me feel better at least. :D

Hahaha I remember when I was at 350….. Been gradually trying to get to a “reasonable” amount since then. 90 seems to be as long as I ever manage to go….but what the heck… Still trying :)