O'Connor's Cream

Cream
Edit tea info Last updated by Lisbet

• “Oh tea with the ridiculously giggle-causing name, you are SO good. Tonight, with a bit of Jamieson's (because it's in the cupboard), some maple syrup and a touch of coconut milk. I know, I...” Read full tasting note
    OMGsrsly 1498 tasting notes
  • “Wow. This is... wow. The description sounds delicious, and I've loved everything tgtea now that I've had. I've shared this with a few people, however this is the first time I've tried it. I must...” Read full tasting note
    MissB_Tea 1144 tasting notes
  • “sipdown! (168) I pulled this one out tonight so that i could try another tea Gschwen34u0234uweiroweri tea before i am back in CHicago. Yeah that's right...stupid letters i never put in the right...” Read full tasting note
    Silaena 5059 tasting notes
  • “I wanted this tea after reading *OMGsrsly's* giggling review. And this name does deserve giggles! But it's also actually pretty tasty! It's a nice black, with a bit of creaminess. Quite...” Read full tasting note
    cavocorax 1700 tasting notes

From TeaGschwendner

Cocoa bits melt into a warmth reminiscent of whisky and cream. A full-bodied black tea is the base for this special winter treat.

Ingredients: Black tea from India, Sri Lanka and China, cocoa pieces and flavor.

Preparation: 1 heaping teaspoon per 8 oz cup of filtered, boiling water. Allow to brew 2 minutes.

About TeaGschwendner View company

Oh tea with the ridiculously giggle-causing name, you are SO good.

Tonight, with a bit of Jamieson’s (because it’s in the cupboard), some maple syrup and a touch of coconut milk.

I know, I know. All those additives might hide the flavour. BUT THEY DON’T! It just amps up the delicious sweet honey chocolate booze notes in the tea. YUM.

Definitely on my shopping list.

Thanks, MissB!

i forgot to buy more of this when i was there haha but that’s ok.

OMGsrsly

GASP! But it’s SO GOOD! (I’m gonna order this and Kapha at least, closer to my birthday.)

Yvonne

Honey chocolate…I think I might drool. :P

Omg… I was distracted…they had A caramel cream decaf…but not a regular version, so I got both caramel and cream to make my own….

Oooo, nice one Sil!

Yvonne, to me it’s definitely an Irish Cream type tea. Not really, but that sort of theme. It’s why it goes so well with whisk(e)y!

MissB

I think it’s meant to be an Irish Whiskey kinda tea… and thus the silly name (which, BTW, no one at tgteas had any idea it was that silly when I mentioned it). I still have quite a bit of this left, I keep on forgetting to drink it. Will do some tonight! Kapha too.. 100g is a LOT for that tea! I also grabbed some of the caramel creme decaf, I’m curious to see how it fares.

OMGsrsly

I look forward to your tasting notes, MissB. :) TG is DEFINITELY a birthday order.

can you get 50g online? or just in store?

OMGsrsly

I think you can only get 100g online.

BOOOOOOOO heh store let me pick up 50g :)

OMGsrsly

Nice! But I won’t mind 100g of this one. Only… I might not be able to get any due to exchange rates. BOO exchange!

MissB

Exchange rates? Boo. I get paid in US $… if you want I’ll order some for you. Also, I think you should bring more of this with you this weekend. Then when people ask what you’re drinking, you can just say, “O’Connor’s Cream”, and people will ask you, with nary a blink of the eye, if you can point out Monsieur O’Connor. ;)

bwahhahahahhaaa

OMGsrsly

I tried that tonight! Nothing. ;) I don’t want to deprive you of extra tea cash, MissB! It’s lovely of you to offer though.

OMGsrsly

And now I’m having another steep of this tea with MOAR whisk(e)y and honey and coconut cream. Ohhhhh. Whisk(e)y and tea is one of my new favourite things.

Wow. This is… wow.

The description sounds delicious, and I’ve loved everything tgtea now that I’ve had. I’ve shared this with a few people, however this is the first time I’ve tried it. I must say, I wish I’d tried it sooner.

It smells like cocoa and malt out of the bag, and even more like cocoa after steeping, with a bit of the black base shining through. I taste cream first, then dark, dry cocoa, then something sweet and almost cloying after the sip – so much so that my mouth is watering. Vanilla? Ice cream? Burnt caramel? It’s lovely whatever it is, and I want it to linger forever. Zero sweetener in this one, although I can imagine it being fantabulous with milk and sweetener.

gmathis

Mmmmm. I’m extremely impressionable this evening—-haven’t read a tasting note that doesn’t make me covetous.

ifjuly

gmathis, i know right?! haha.

JustJames

hmmmmm…… tempted to go and get into my sample!

Fjellrev

Oh I like the sound of that.

MissB

Tempted? I’m just worried JustJames that the best part of this is the part you may miss? It was hard to tell. As it got cooler I liked it less, it got a bitter quality to it – bitter like unsweetened chocolate bitter.

JustJames

… aw! no! caramelly stuff? hmph. what is my problem? and what does butiki do differently from EVERYONE else? maybe stacy uses magic words. you know what they say… try try … try, try, try….. try……….. try again. =0)

MissB

It’s only at the very end, and for all I know, it’s vanilla. It’s something really sweet though, maybe ice cream -like. Try it? If you hate it, pass it along to your caramel-loving Steepsterites. ;)

JustJames

so… to sil. fiiiiiiiiiiiiine!

MissB

Hey, I’d try it first. It is one of those tgteas. ;)

sipdown! (168) I pulled this one out tonight so that i could try another tea Gschwen34u0234uweiroweri tea before i am back in CHicago. Yeah that’s right…stupid letters i never put in the right order. the Tea G! ;) While i don’t love this nearly as much as my friends to the west, it IS a lovely tea. I like the body of the tea base that doesn’t get lost that flavours. I may need to look at picking up a bit more of this to play with it some more. Thanks again MissB!

__Morgana__

LOL re tea Gschwenasdaposdinfoasdfklna. I feel that way about the name too. ;-)

Terri HarpLady

Have fun in Chicago…again…

going to be so peeved if i don’t get to go to St Louis because of other ppl’s ineptitude!

Terri HarpLady

So that’s still undecided?

OMGsrsly

It’s so good with a shot of whisk(e)y and some honey… :D

Terri HarpLady

I’m keeping my schedule open, just in case.

I am trying to get it settled as quickly as possible. :(

Lala

Sil, did I miss something and Canadians can sign up for steepster select now?

Cavocorax

I noticed she was a sneaky Select member! I’m guessing she’s getting it shipped to her tea mule…

haha well, it’s a weird “i’m not sure what’s going on” sort of thing. I tried to take advantage of Jason’s offer on the free box for my tea mule so she could try out some new teas. As a thank you for all that she does. The code and everything didnt’ work, it was all wonky… long story short..uh i’m now the proud owner of a hideous orange growth, but only for a month or so unless my tea mule wants to continue with the box. I will wait until canada i an option.

I wanted this tea after reading OMGsrsly’s giggling review.
And this name does deserve giggles!

But it’s also actually pretty tasty! It’s a nice black, with a bit of creaminess. Quite enjoyable!
Thanks MissB!

OMGsrsly

I just noticed one of your reviews on another tea. 1200 tasting notes! Woo!

Cavocorax

Holy! I didn’t even notice!!! :P So much for doing a special review. :P

lmao that happens to be all the time haha

OMGsrsly

This tea is also awesome with some alcohol tossed in. :D

Who says you can’t drink at work?

I had a Groupon to TeaGschwender (I can only spell that because it’s listed at the top of this box) because I simply cannot resist a good deal on tea and it gives me an excuse to try something new. This place is not terribly easy to get to….well, strike that, it is easy to get to if all you want to do is drive past. My husband let me out and went to find parking so I ventured into the store alone. It was smaller than I imaged (that’s what she said) but cute with a few smelling jars along one wall and the majority of the teas behind the counter (a pet peeve of mine). We were on a bit of a timeline so I had to quickly pick out my teas and the gal was bagging it up when my husband walked through the door. Good thing too as he was only able to find parking in a 15 minute loading zone that was a 5 minute walk away…

I asked if they had anything chocolate since I didn’t see anything with that moniker behind the counter and the girl brought me this and a few others to smell.

I’m not a big drinker. I’m not even a little drinker really so I wasn’t wooed by the thought of a whiskey tea (when I do drink it’s more of the frou frou, hardly taste like alcohol drinks but this tea had a nice aroma to it. Mello, chocolately, but subtle.

I picked this one out last night to make this morning (mainly just so I could make the drinking at work joke) and it still smelled wonderful. It was one of “those mornings” so I didn’t get to smell it while steeping and it’s currently in my thermos travel mug but I’m sure it smells pretty good. The taste is mellow and smooth with a chocolate aftertaste. I never thought I’d be one to call a tea full bodied, but that’s exactly what it is. I don’t know if it’s the whiskey, the cream, or the chocolate, but whatever it is, I’m liking it a lot. I hope it’ll hold up for a few resteeps because I really don’t want to have to make my husband park in a loading zone again.

Dinosara

I had a LivingSocial deal for TeaGschwender in NYC, but they closed the store not long after the deal! This tea was on my list, so I’m glad to hear it’s good. Next time I’m in Chicago, I guess!

LefTea

It’s totally worth it although the second steep doesn’t have much flavor.

This is one of my favorite wintertime breakfast teas. It is rich and slightly chocolatey, but unlike many other “chocolate” teas I’ve tried, it lacks hazelnut, almond or minty flavors. It’s straight-up strong, robust breakfast tea with a hint of chocolate and a bit of “boozy” richness (this must be the whiskey flavoring). The other day I made this as a tea latte (half strong tea, half foamed milk) and it was incredibly good. I’m going to have to do that again soon — and I’m going to have to stock up on this while it’s still available. It’s one of TG’s seasonal teas.

pinky

This sounds really good!

Another one from kimquat.
Eh, thought this one was gonna taste a whole lot better than it actually did.
Literally all I taste is cream. Definitely sticks with the name. But I was expecting something more for some reason. xD
Glad I got to try, but not something I’d ever drink again. Once is totally fine. :P
Thanks, kimquat for the sample!

Flavors: Cream

Cheri

A name like this, and I would have expected an Irish cream.

Another tea sample from Miss B’s stash. Thank you!

I was simultaneously disappointed and relieved with this one.

Disappointed because the other reviews mention creamy chocolate and booze and I got none of that. Literally. NONE.

Relieved because it’s one less tea on my “to order” list.

I really want some of Tea G’s Caramel tea but it’s been sold out forever, or else I keep missing it.

As for this, all I can taste is a perfectly decent, smooth cup of black tea.
No flavours coming out at all. Which is both sad and unfortunate. Again I question what might be wrong with my tongue.

Oh well, moving on! Glad to try it so now I can cross it off!
I’m not even going to rate this because I feel it’s so far off the mark for me.

Boozy, creamy chocolate would have been awesome!

TheTeaFairy

Isn’t it frustrating when you don’t get those wonderful notes that everyone else seems to be raving about? Sometimes it makes me think there’s something wrong with my taste buds!

whatshesaid

It’s SO frustrating! But one less to buy :)

Thanks much MissB! I was trying to think of an untried tea that might go with St. Patrick’s Day. I went with this one.. I guess it’s just the name. This seems to be cocoa nibs with cream flavoring. I’d say it’s equal parts chocolate and cream flavor… though with the second steep, the cream is less noticeable. The black tea base is nice enough and complements the flavors well. Sometimes I just want a tea with cocoa nibs! I wouldn’t compare this one to Paddy’s day but Easter… it reminds me of chocolate cream eggs! A nice one!

Sophisticated and sensual flavor.