Assam Ananda Second Flush

Edit tea info Last updated by laurenpressley

• “I had a sample of this when visiting TeaGschwender the other day. I really liked it! In fact, I wish I had tried it *before* purchasing, because I'd probably have thrown this is the purchase as...” Read full tasting note
    laurenpressley 796 tasting notes
  • “I picked this up in the Tea Gschwendner store on a whim. After I had stuck my nose in everything I thought I wanted to, I asked the sales guy, "Now what do you think I should consider that I...” Read full tasting note
    Marzipan 201 tasting notes

From TeaGschwendner

“Ananda” translates to “bliss”—a state of mind that this charming blend of Assam teas delivers to each drinker. The early summer harvest offers a rich and malty mahogany cup of classic character.

Preparation: One heaping teaspoon per 8oz cup filtered, boiling water. Allow to brew 3 minutes.

About TeaGschwendner View company

I had a sample of this when visiting TeaGschwender the other day. I really liked it! In fact, I wish I had tried it before purchasing, because I’d probably have thrown this is the purchase as well. It was malty and strong, but sometimes that’s just what you’re looking for.

I picked this up in the Tea Gschwendner store on a whim. After I had stuck my nose in everything I thought I wanted to, I asked the sales guy, “Now what do you think I should consider that I haven’t?” This was his suggestion. And, he nailed it.

This morning I was sifting through my “sip down basket” looking for one that appealed to me, but I have finished off everything that seems like a first tea of the day to me. My first and usually second teas of the day are dark, hearty, preferably malty and strong. It’s really only after that that I will move on to cupcakes and sparkle ponies and all that.

Since I couldn’t find anything in the basket, I remembered this and dug it out of the shopping bag where it was still in limbo.

I love this tea! It reminds me a bit of Butiki’s Malty Irish Breakfast. It has that lovely sweet potato flavor, and it just smooth and very YUM. The second steep was as good as the first. I’m considering a third even though I really never steep a black more than twice. I am really surprised that this one hasn’t had more attention on here.

Cameron B.