Vata Organic

Herbal Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Lisbet
Boiling 5 min, 15 sec 14 oz / 414 ml

From TeaGschwendner

In the Ayurvedic tradition, the Vata dosha requires the sweet holistic calm granted by licorice, ginger, and anise. Also rich in coriander, a traditional herbal remedy for anxiety.

Ingredients: Licorice, coriander, cinnamon, ginger, anise and mallow blossoms.

Preparation: One level teaspoon per 8oz cup of filtered, boiling water. Allow to brew 5 minutes.

About TeaGschwendner View company

I should likely drink more of this later, however I have several other cups of tea waiting. Yep, it’s that kind of night! :)

Sweet licorice with mild herbals in the background. Very creamy and soothing.

I LOVE this tea. LOVE love love love. I am primarily a Vata type according to Ayurveda (traditional Indian medicine, which Western medicine is painstakingly verifying the soundness of via experiment and testing). This tea just makes me feel balanced and well; it calms me and seems to increase my overall feelings of wellness. I did without it since leaving Chicago and being able to taste it again reminded me of how badly I need to order a bag.
(I do like the taste as well- slightly herbal, slightly sweet, but I am mostly in it for the effects. Your mileage may vary.)

adds to shopping list

I also think it tastes good, but the Pitta actually might taste a bit better. :)

good to know. ps… I still haven’t mailed the earl grey. :/

I actually haven’t mailed the stuff I mean to send to you either, so we’re even :)

TTB 8: I’ve been having stomach troubles lately. I’m gluten intolerant, and my doctor is having me eat gluten so that I can take the Celiac test. Its important to do, but its making me feel miserable. So I was wanting a tea to sooth my stomach, without caffeine in it. Unfortunately this wasn’t it. This tea smells like soup and tastes like licorice. Definitely not a tea for me.

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 2 tsp 12 OZ / 354 ML

I’ve got a sample of this tea, and I’ve been debating on if I want to try it or not.

Sorry you are feeling bad. Those type of tests are never fun. :(

Cheri, I can definitely see some people loving it. It wasn’t bad exactly, it just had a bunch of flavors that I can’t stand at all.

Veronica, thanks. I have to do it for a month, so yay tasty food but not yay feeling like crap.

I love this tea – it’s like a warm glass of serenity. The licorice imparts a natural sweetness and the anise gives it a little warmth. If you don’t like licorice root in your tea then you won’t like this at all, but if you do you have to give this a try. It’s phenomenal!