China Fancy White Peony (Organic)

White Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Oolonga

From TeaGschwendner

Fragrant, aromatic cup with a flowery taste. Many stories have been told about these rare, white teas mentioned for the first time during the Ming dynasty. The gentle, aromatic cup is a pleasure to connoisseurs of even the finest teas. Top quality.

About TeaGschwendner View company

I had to buy a 50 g bag to try this because TeaGschwender doesn’t offer any samples and I am not happy about it now.

This tea feels watered down no matter how much leaf I use or how long I steep it; water temperature doesn’t seem to affect it either. The brew totally lacks depth. It isn’t sweet or flowery in particular, a bit smoky perhaps but again this smokiness is very muted and does not exactly contribute to the flavor.

Overall it’s drinkable but not enjoyable. I also find it goes better with food.

Aroma: mild astringency (similar to fall leaves) buttery nut or chestnut and light flowers (not perfumey at all). Taste:  Clear and light, taking on similar characteristics as the aroma but with the loss of almost any astringency and the light added sweetness of honey notes.  Finish is very soft with a light touch of dry astringent tannin rounding out a round medium+ body palette.

180 °F / 82 °C 2 min, 30 sec 4 g 8 OZ / 236 ML

I love it. Very light and soft with huge leaves. Best without sugar or milk I find.