Buttermilk Lemon

Almonds, Black Tea, Lemon Peel, Marigold Flowers, Natural Flavours
Almond, Butter, Cream, Lemon, Creamy, Astringent, Pastries, Milk, Vanilla, Citrus, Cookie, Tart, Lemon Zest
Bulk, Loose Leaf
Edit tea info Last updated by MissB

From TeaGschwendner

Flavored Black Tea. Delightfully creamy and sweet with a dash of lemon, this blend is reminiscent of early mornings and sunny days.

Ingredients: Black Tea from South India, lemon peel, almond bits, flavor, marigold blossoms.

Item#: 001603-100

About TeaGschwendner View company

It’s fascinating to me when a flavor combination outside of my tea experience comes to me, and I find myself blown away by the accuracy of the flavoring, if perhaps something that’s outside my love-scale. This is definitely one of those kinda teas.

Buttermilk lemon is bang-on here: I get rich, creamy and tart buttermilk, and then the lemon flows in smoothly as a friendly hello. It’s creamy, it’s bright, it’s slightly astringent – which in this case makes sense and tastes quite lovely, as it works with the lemon and buttermilk flavorings perfectly.

I doubt I’ll make this a regular in my rotation, however I will enjoy it while I have it.

1.5 tsp in 12oz.

Flavors: Butter, Cream, Lemon Zest

huh sounds really interesting!

Oh, mercy, that sounds wonderful!

Sami Kelsh

raises eyebrow Fascinating.

That does sound interesting. Wonder if you could do-it-yourself this blend with a lemon tea and actual buttermilk…

I had this tea as a sample in the store, and fell in love. The flavor is so SUMMER AND BRIGHT!!! I had a warm in the store, and I knew it was destined to be amazing iced, and it is! The black tea base is so robust and thick on the tongue. On the packaging, it says it’s South Indian black tea. I really love the creamy taste of it, too. I think I like this better than their green coconut! I see myself buying this over and over!!!

A sample from Miss B! This was my first cup of the day at work, and I’m enjoying it immensely. Flavoured teas can be a bit hit and miss, but this one delivers what it promises – buttermilk and lemon. I used 1 tsp of leaf for my cup, and gave it 3.5 minutes in boiling water. I added a splash of milk, just because. The scent of the brewed tea is very much buttermilk – it has that salty sour tang that’s so distinctive. This also translates into the taste, but it’s freshened up wonderfully by the bright, zesty lemon. It’s deliciously creamy but not too sweet or cloying – it walks the right line for a mid-morning cup, at least in my estimation. The overall effect, particularly with the added milk, is one of lemon pudding. Totally delicious!

Boiling 3 min, 30 sec 1 tsp

2014 tasting notes

Oh thank goodness finally a sipdown. And a legitimate one, of a tea that I’m really enjoying drinking.

I put some cream in this, for a lemony creamy pudding effect. So tasty.

If I needed more tea (And I don’t. Really.), I would definitely consider getting some of this.

good thing your box is still little :)

Haha. I’m definitely glad about that. I still have two boxes of samples to go through, plus 2 enormous bags of puerh. Sigh.

I’m ashamed to admit that I am just now digging out and trying this sample sent to me ages ago by Sil. It’s exactly the name – lemon and buttermilk. Scent is very strongly buttermilk. I liked the first few sips then I think it became too buttermilk for me. I am not a fan of drinking buttermilk and unlike many flavored teas, this one is very much buttermilk. :) I’d still recommend it to anyone that would appeal to – I don’t think you’d be disappointed. Thanks, Sil!

I’m impressed that it actually tastes that realistic. I haven’t tried this yet, nor have I ever tried buttermilk on its own, but wow!

Hahahaha you’re welcome :) not my fav either but lots of folks love it

I remember the first time I tried to drink buttermilk. As an old friend once commented, “it’s one of those things that sounds like it should be amazing but is actually gross.” It’s not something you typically want to drink straight. The buttermilk was salty, tangy, sour and surprisingly thin, in a filling way.

Luckily this tea, this tea has all of the core flavours of buttermilk without the yucky result. It’s still hard to drink lots of, but it is more reminiscent of dessert than raw baking ingredient. The lemon, which adds its own tangy sweetness, probably helps out with that.

I left some sitting out overnight, and it now possesses a note akin to flat root beer. It’s not as good but still quirky fun. Thanks, Sil and OMGsrsly, for sharing this one!

Flavors: Almond, Butter, Cream, Lemon

You are so brave for ever trying that. My dad used to drink it straight and the mere look of it sitting in the glass, how it would leave that film on the sides of the glass, was enough to turn me off. And the smell! Ugh.

you’re welcome!

I wonder what the appeal of drinking it straight is. I know I haven’t found it yet!

Sil, I would compose you a poem if I had the skills. Instead, I’ll make due by picking up teas for you while in Europe in June. Bosnia has to have teas you haven’t tried..

Awesome. Where in Europe are you going! For how long! I love hearing about people travelling lol

IDK, CrowKettle. Your descriptions were pretty entertaining. I think you could get some lyrics out of them, and aren’t lyrics poetry? :)

Hungary, Serbia, Montenegro, Bosnia & Herzegovina, Croatia, and London. I’ll stay on the lookout for tea things, although I don’t know what my luck will be!

@OMGsrsly, nooooo… let’s not.

Sounds like it’ll be an awesome adventure!

that sounds amazing! What a fantastic adventure!

Woo! Have lots of fun this summer!

Thanks, everyone! :)

Thanks for letting me sample this one, Sil! I actually really quite like it. There’s a creaminess to it, and an almost custardy lemon flavour. Not strongly lemony at all, though, which is kind of nice. Really pleasant base tea and lingering creamy/custardy aftertaste. I’d like to get my hands on more of this at some point, I think. Delicious.

Interesting! I love lemon-pastry flavor, as opposed to lemon-citrusy. Sounds like this would fit the profile.

I wanted so badly to try this when I first saw reviews of it, and Sil was kind enough to send me some.

I think I may have built this up a bit in my head, because I ended up not being all that impressed with it. It’s an alright creamy lemon tea, but the black base is kind of meh, and it lacks that tanginess that I expect if something is supposed to be both buttermilk and lemon flavoured.

I’m really glad I had a chance to try this, and also really glad that I didn’t end up placing an order specifically to get my hands on this (shipping + exchange rate would have been painful.) Having tea friends who share is so great :)

Flavors: Creamy, Lemon

I didn’t love it either even though lots of other folks do heh

Brewed tea has aroma of creamy lemon.

Excellent mix of flavours and good balance of lemon with the black tea. Sharp sweetness. Great black tea flavour.

Thanks Sil for sharing!

welcome! glad you enjoyed

Sipdown (107)!

This’ll be my last tasting note probably for the day, but for at least a good 10 hours because I’m done at job #1 in about twenty minutes and then have to head to job #2.

Thank you Marzipan for the sample! This looked really interesting, but also conflicting because any kind of milk and lemon makes me cringe a little internally. bad curdled milk experiences…

Prepped in a timolino, it was pretty good though! Lemon was definitely present, and it was thicker in mouthfeel with a creaminess to it, but the black base had a slight astringency to it that detracted a bit for me. Don’t think I’d purchase it for myself, but would drink it again, and if another sample made it to me I wouldn’t complain; I can think of a few ways to play with this one.

Flavors: Astringent, Cream, Lemon, Pastries

How long did you steep it? Tea Gsch has 2 minutes on most of their blacks, at least the ones I have.

Roswell Strange

Three minutes, I believe.