Buttermilk Lemon

Almonds, Black Tea, Lemon Peel, Marigold Flowers, Natural Flavours
Butter, Citrus, Cookie, Cream, Lemon, Astringent, Milk, Tart, Lemon Zest
Bulk, Loose Leaf
Edit tea info Last updated by MissB

• “It's fascinating to me when a flavor combination outside of my tea experience comes to me, and I find myself blown away by the accuracy of the flavoring, if perhaps something that's outside my...” Read full tasting note
    MissB_Tea 1116 tasting notes
  • “I had this tea as a sample in the store, and fell in love. The flavor is so SUMMER AND BRIGHT!!! I had a warm in the store, and I knew it was destined to be amazing iced, and it is! The black tea...” Read full tasting note
    MelissaW 256 tasting notes
  • “Buttermilk pancakes with lemon curd I'd love to get more of this but not enough to place a whole order from Tea Gschwendner. can get two decent steeps out of it which is good for a flavored...” Read full tasting note
    frolic 75 tasting notes
  • “Thank you so so much *MissB* this was on my wishlist and one of the last teas sent in your mystery pack that I really enjoyed. It only came to my attention and made it to my wishlist because of...” Read full tasting note
    NayLynn 210 tasting notes

From TeaGschwendner

Flavored Black Tea. Delightfully creamy and sweet with a dash of lemon, this blend is reminiscent of early mornings and sunny days.

Ingredients: Black Tea from South India, lemon peel, almond bits, flavor, marigold blossoms.

Item#: 001603-100

About TeaGschwendner View company

It’s fascinating to me when a flavor combination outside of my tea experience comes to me, and I find myself blown away by the accuracy of the flavoring, if perhaps something that’s outside my love-scale. This is definitely one of those kinda teas.

Buttermilk lemon is bang-on here: I get rich, creamy and tart buttermilk, and then the lemon flows in smoothly as a friendly hello. It’s creamy, it’s bright, it’s slightly astringent – which in this case makes sense and tastes quite lovely, as it works with the lemon and buttermilk flavorings perfectly.

I doubt I’ll make this a regular in my rotation, however I will enjoy it while I have it.

1.5 tsp in 12oz.

Flavors: Butter, Cream, Lemon Zest

huh sounds really interesting!

gmathis

Oh, mercy, that sounds wonderful!

Sami Kelsh

raises eyebrow Fascinating.

Nicole

That does sound interesting. Wonder if you could do-it-yourself this blend with a lemon tea and actual buttermilk…

I had this tea as a sample in the store, and fell in love. The flavor is so SUMMER AND BRIGHT!!! I had a warm in the store, and I knew it was destined to be amazing iced, and it is! The black tea base is so robust and thick on the tongue. On the packaging, it says it’s South Indian black tea. I really love the creamy taste of it, too. I think I like this better than their green coconut! I see myself buying this over and over!!!

Buttermilk pancakes with lemon curd

I’d love to get more of this but not enough to place a whole order from Tea Gschwendner. can get two decent steeps out of it which is good for a flavored black. Not feeling terribly poetic tonight or anything but this is a unique tea.

I love this one.

Frolic

Oh I forgot to thank you Marzipan! You were awesome for sending me this sample :)

Thank you so so much MissB this was on my wishlist and one of the last teas sent in your mystery pack that I really enjoyed. It only came to my attention and made it to my wishlist because of your reviews.

January of this year all I could think about was DAVIDsTEA and I messaged my cousin who lives in Chicago how lucky he was. He responded back “I don’t know a David in Chicago and i don’t know that I’ve had his tea!” Later in the conversation he let me know about this company my response (I looked it up) “I never heard of that place, it seems a little fancier than Davids, I bet it is good since they have stores all over the world.” He is coming to visit in October and I hope I can get him to bring me some more of this tea because it would make it extra special.

The tea: Creamy Lemon not the pucker your mouth tart that I don’t personally like. This is just a light comforting creamy tang I wound maybe find in a lemon cookie or lemon poppy seed muffins.

Cheri

This tea has a really nice buttermilk tang to it that I love.

This was another tea from last night/early this morning. It wasn’t what i expected, but i was also drinking it from a travel mug, which i don’t necessarily like to do for my first time drinking a tea. So the verdict is out on this one until i get a proper cup of it :)

Marzipan

I like it better sweetened a little too.

thanks marzipan!

Thanks Kimquat for the sample! Honestly, was a littttle scared of the name.

Smells like a strong citrus followed by black tea. It reminds me of an english breakfast, pekoe, or earl grey tea. The sip is strong with a bit of astringency at the end, but a buttery smoothness in the front and clean citrus taste in the middle. This almost reminds me of eating a nice slice of citrus pound cake in the morning.

Flavors: Butter, Citrus, Cookie

Got a sample of this tea in a swap from kimquat.
Not really what I expected. Most lemon teas I’ve tried are pretty strong but not sour. This one is more sour. I guess the cream and butter flavor kinda outweighs the sour lemon taste. But just not enough for me. Not my favorite lemon tea for sure!

Flavors: Butter, Cream, Lemon

I got this tea in a swap, thanks Marzipan! And I absolutely love it! I find it a bit tangy but not tart. I am not really picking up any almond flavor though. I can definitely see my self ordering this in the future. Well here is my first tasting note after being on here for over a year!

Marzipan

I’m glad you like it, I love this one.

Meh. No matter how hard I try, I just can’t get into this tea. The tea base is (at best) unimpressive. It’s bright and kind of fruity, but it gets astringent much too easily. Even using water as low as 200, or 190F for a few minutes makes it slightly bitter. That’s more frustrating than I can even put into words. The flavoring isn’t too bad—it’s very tart and a little creamy. It makes me think of lemon bars. It’s maybe a little stronger than I’d like. I’d prefer it if the tea base and flavoring worked together a bit better; they seem oddly paired. Tastes better with cream and sugar…It smooths over the acidity of the tea, brings out more of the “buttermilk” flavor that lingers in the background otherwise. Even after swapping out some of this I still have nearly an ounce left. I’m trying my hardest to get through it. Time to pawn more of it off on friends…

Flavors: Astringent, Cream, Lemon, Milk, Tart

Stephanie

Yeah I pretty much only like this one sweetened, and I try to stay away from teas like that in general.

This is really tasty. I think I’m going to be sad when my sample is gone, Marzipan!

Enjoying a lightly sweetened to-go cup while I work today :D

need to try this one the next time i’m in chicago!

Marzipan

I still have lots, I can get some more for you. I bought 100g.

Suziqzer

Seems like a lot of people like this one. How does this compare to Lemon French Macaroon? I imagine it to be a richer tea w/some added tartness.

Stephanie

I haven’t had the macaroon in a while! I should drink that later and compare :)

Marzipan

They are pretty different, LFM is more bright and crisp, this one is sort of a mellow custardy lemon to me with a little “wang” to it.

Suziqzer

Funny you use the word “wang” Marzipan.. Around here a wang is usually not a good thing. Usually means an “off” flavor.