Buttermilk Lemon

Almonds, Black Tea, Lemon Peel, Marigold Flowers, Natural Flavours
Butter, Citrus, Cookie, Cream, Lemon, Astringent, Milk, Tart, Lemon Zest
Bulk, Loose Leaf
Edit tea info Last updated by MissB

• “It's fascinating to me when a flavor combination outside of my tea experience comes to me, and I find myself blown away by the accuracy of the flavoring, if perhaps something that's outside my...” Read full tasting note
    MissB_Tea 1108 tasting notes
  • “I had this tea as a sample in the store, and fell in love. The flavor is so SUMMER AND BRIGHT!!! I had a warm in the store, and I knew it was destined to be amazing iced, and it is! The black tea...” Read full tasting note
    MelissaW 252 tasting notes
  • “Thanks *Kimquat* for the sample! Honestly, was a littttle scared of the name. Smells like a strong citrus followed by black tea. It reminds me of an english breakfast, pekoe, or earl grey tea. The...” Read full tasting note
    hapatite 117 tasting notes
  • “Got a sample of this tea in a swap from *kimquat*. Not really what I expected. Most lemon teas I've tried are pretty strong but not sour. This one is more sour. I guess the cream and butter flavor...” Read full tasting note
    Ostdalost 117 tasting notes

From TeaGschwendner

Flavored Black Tea. Delightfully creamy and sweet with a dash of lemon, this blend is reminiscent of early mornings and sunny days.

Ingredients: Black Tea from South India, lemon peel, almond bits, flavor, marigold blossoms.

Item#: 001603-100

About TeaGschwendner View company

It’s fascinating to me when a flavor combination outside of my tea experience comes to me, and I find myself blown away by the accuracy of the flavoring, if perhaps something that’s outside my love-scale. This is definitely one of those kinda teas.

Buttermilk lemon is bang-on here: I get rich, creamy and tart buttermilk, and then the lemon flows in smoothly as a friendly hello. It’s creamy, it’s bright, it’s slightly astringent – which in this case makes sense and tastes quite lovely, as it works with the lemon and buttermilk flavorings perfectly.

I doubt I’ll make this a regular in my rotation, however I will enjoy it while I have it.

1.5 tsp in 12oz.

Flavors: Butter, Cream, Lemon Zest

huh sounds really interesting!

gmathis

Oh, mercy, that sounds wonderful!

Sami Kelsh

raises eyebrow Fascinating.

Nicole

That does sound interesting. Wonder if you could do-it-yourself this blend with a lemon tea and actual buttermilk…

I had this tea as a sample in the store, and fell in love. The flavor is so SUMMER AND BRIGHT!!! I had a warm in the store, and I knew it was destined to be amazing iced, and it is! The black tea base is so robust and thick on the tongue. On the packaging, it says it’s South Indian black tea. I really love the creamy taste of it, too. I think I like this better than their green coconut! I see myself buying this over and over!!!

Thanks Kimquat for the sample! Honestly, was a littttle scared of the name.

Smells like a strong citrus followed by black tea. It reminds me of an english breakfast, pekoe, or earl grey tea. The sip is strong with a bit of astringency at the end, but a buttery smoothness in the front and clean citrus taste in the middle. This almost reminds me of eating a nice slice of citrus pound cake in the morning.

Flavors: Butter, Citrus, Cookie

Got a sample of this tea in a swap from kimquat.
Not really what I expected. Most lemon teas I’ve tried are pretty strong but not sour. This one is more sour. I guess the cream and butter flavor kinda outweighs the sour lemon taste. But just not enough for me. Not my favorite lemon tea for sure!

Flavors: Butter, Cream, Lemon

I got this tea in a swap, thanks Marzipan! And I absolutely love it! I find it a bit tangy but not tart. I am not really picking up any almond flavor though. I can definitely see my self ordering this in the future. Well here is my first tasting note after being on here for over a year!

Marzipan

I’m glad you like it, I love this one.

Meh. No matter how hard I try, I just can’t get into this tea. The tea base is (at best) unimpressive. It’s bright and kind of fruity, but it gets astringent much too easily. Even using water as low as 200, or 190F for a few minutes makes it slightly bitter. That’s more frustrating than I can even put into words. The flavoring isn’t too bad—it’s very tart and a little creamy. It makes me think of lemon bars. It’s maybe a little stronger than I’d like. I’d prefer it if the tea base and flavoring worked together a bit better; they seem oddly paired. Tastes better with cream and sugar…It smooths over the acidity of the tea, brings out more of the “buttermilk” flavor that lingers in the background otherwise. Even after swapping out some of this I still have nearly an ounce left. I’m trying my hardest to get through it. Time to pawn more of it off on friends…

Flavors: Astringent, Cream, Lemon, Milk, Tart

Stephanie

Yeah I pretty much only like this one sweetened, and I try to stay away from teas like that in general.

This is really tasty. I think I’m going to be sad when my sample is gone, Marzipan!

Enjoying a lightly sweetened to-go cup while I work today :D

need to try this one the next time i’m in chicago!

Marzipan

I still have lots, I can get some more for you. I bought 100g.

Suziqzer

Seems like a lot of people like this one. How does this compare to Lemon French Macaroon? I imagine it to be a richer tea w/some added tartness.

Stephanie

I haven’t had the macaroon in a while! I should drink that later and compare :)

Marzipan

They are pretty different, LFM is more bright and crisp, this one is sort of a mellow custardy lemon to me with a little “wang” to it.

Suziqzer

Funny you use the word “wang” Marzipan.. Around here a wang is usually not a good thing. Usually means an “off” flavor.

I had this tea as a sample in my travel bag and finally got to try it. It’s certainly interesting. It smells like lemon pound cake dry and even more tart when brewed. I had to add sugar because the tart smell kept tricking my mind.

The black base doesn’t come though very strongly in taste during the first steep, but did more nicely in the second steep. I had directions to brew 2 minutes and at 2 minutes it wasn’t overly strong but already beginning to be astringent.

Thanks MissB for send this in one of the mystery packs!

Thank you so very much Marzipan for the surprise sample of this that showed up in my mailbox the other day. I will admit that I got a little teary eyed when I opened it.

This tea smells incredible. Dry, I get more of the not quite buttermilk scent from it, and sweet lemon. Add water and I’m getting creamy buttermilk and definitely lemon. Wow. And this is seconds after adding water. I didn’t want to put the top on while it steeped. (I was good and I did after a few more seconds.)

I don’t drink a lot of black teas. I don’t always like how they play in my blends, often trying to overwhelm or overpower. This one surprisingly works really well. It is definitely a black tea, a bit malty, strong, but it supports and strengthens the creamy buttermilk, helping the expected aftertaste of buttermilk to linger on the pallet. It brightens the lemon, a sweet lemon not too tart or pithy, perfectly balanced with the buttermilk and tea.

I’m really glad I got to try this. I think it’s a tea that I wouldn’t drink too often, but I really enjoy it. Buttermilk is a rare treat in my mind, and I think that’s part of it.

Marzipan

It made me really happy to send it!

Cheri

It’s awesome to have Tea Friends. Thank you again so very much. This really made my day when I got it, and my morning when I had it today.

Thanks to MissB for sending me some of this to try!

I was curious about it as I am debating a TeaG order to get my hands on their caramel tea…

It was a creamy, faintly vanilla dessert-like lemon black tea.

I enjoyed it. And I will enjoy my next cup as well, but I don’t think I need to own it.

It’s the kind of citrus tea I like, though, the kind with a creamy sweet note to balance off the tart lemon.

Dustin

It seems like this is one of the hot teas at the moment that Steepster folk are getting excited about! Hot as in popular, not temp. :) Have you tried their caramel tea? I hadn’t heard about this company until recently.

Amariel

This is one i want to try!