Buttermilk Lemon

Almonds, Black Tea, Lemon Peel, Marigold Flowers, Natural Flavours
Astringent, Cream, Lemon, Pastries, Butter, Milk, Vanilla, Citrus, Cookie, Tart, Lemon Zest
Bulk, Loose Leaf
Edit tea info Last updated by MissB

• “It's fascinating to me when a flavor combination outside of my tea experience comes to me, and I find myself blown away by the accuracy of the flavoring, if perhaps something that's outside my...” Read full tasting note
    MissB_Tea 1221 tasting notes
  • “I had this tea as a sample in the store, and fell in love. The flavor is so SUMMER AND BRIGHT!!! I had a warm in the store, and I knew it was destined to be amazing iced, and it is! The black tea...” Read full tasting note
    MelissaW 264 tasting notes
  • “Sipdown (107)! This'll be my last tasting note probably for the day, but for at least a good 10 hours because I'm done at job #1 in about twenty minutes and then have to head to job #2. Thank you...” Read full tasting note
    roswellstrange 2400 tasting notes
  • “Had this while looking up job postings this AM. Definitely a nice, bright start to my morning. :) I looked at my previous tasting note for this and still agree with it - you get the citrus and...” Read full tasting note
    kellyhinton 850 tasting notes

From TeaGschwendner

Flavored Black Tea. Delightfully creamy and sweet with a dash of lemon, this blend is reminiscent of early mornings and sunny days.

Ingredients: Black Tea from South India, lemon peel, almond bits, flavor, marigold blossoms.

Item#: 001603-100

About TeaGschwendner View company

It’s fascinating to me when a flavor combination outside of my tea experience comes to me, and I find myself blown away by the accuracy of the flavoring, if perhaps something that’s outside my love-scale. This is definitely one of those kinda teas.

Buttermilk lemon is bang-on here: I get rich, creamy and tart buttermilk, and then the lemon flows in smoothly as a friendly hello. It’s creamy, it’s bright, it’s slightly astringent – which in this case makes sense and tastes quite lovely, as it works with the lemon and buttermilk flavorings perfectly.

I doubt I’ll make this a regular in my rotation, however I will enjoy it while I have it.

1.5 tsp in 12oz.

Flavors: Butter, Cream, Lemon Zest

huh sounds really interesting!

gmathis

Oh, mercy, that sounds wonderful!

Sami Kelsh

raises eyebrow Fascinating.

Nicole

That does sound interesting. Wonder if you could do-it-yourself this blend with a lemon tea and actual buttermilk…

I had this tea as a sample in the store, and fell in love. The flavor is so SUMMER AND BRIGHT!!! I had a warm in the store, and I knew it was destined to be amazing iced, and it is! The black tea base is so robust and thick on the tongue. On the packaging, it says it’s South Indian black tea. I really love the creamy taste of it, too. I think I like this better than their green coconut! I see myself buying this over and over!!!

Sipdown (107)!

This’ll be my last tasting note probably for the day, but for at least a good 10 hours because I’m done at job #1 in about twenty minutes and then have to head to job #2.

Thank you Marzipan for the sample! This looked really interesting, but also conflicting because any kind of milk and lemon makes me cringe a little internally. bad curdled milk experiences…

Prepped in a timolino, it was pretty good though! Lemon was definitely present, and it was thicker in mouthfeel with a creaminess to it, but the black base had a slight astringency to it that detracted a bit for me. Don’t think I’d purchase it for myself, but would drink it again, and if another sample made it to me I wouldn’t complain; I can think of a few ways to play with this one.

Flavors: Astringent, Cream, Lemon, Pastries

Marzipan

How long did you steep it? Tea Gsch has 2 minutes on most of their blacks, at least the ones I have.

Roswell Strange

Three minutes, I believe.

I looked at my previous tasting note for this and still agree with it – you get the citrus and then the tea & cream notes but it definitely all works. It’s a great, if similar tea to Noel a Venise and when I run out of both I’m going to have a hard time choosing which to restock!

(Yeah right. I’ll totally restock both of them…I know myself way too well.)

Flavors: Butter, Cream, Lemon, Milk, Vanilla

Boiling 4 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 10 OZ / 295 ML
TheKesser

This sounds good :)

Stephanie

This one is fantastic iced as well.

heh. really glad this one worked out for you

I thought I reviewed this tea but I guess not!

Sipdown sadly. I really enjoyed this tea. It’s a creamy lemony tea I could enjoy all year long. Just the right amount of light citrus flavor. I might have to order more of this one.

Amanda 'SoggyEnderman' Wilson

Buttermilk Lemon? What an odd sounding tea! I wonder if they mean a different kind of buttermilk than the sour stuff? I am quite curious to try it now.

Frolic

It’s really good. Reminded me of buttermilk pancakes with lemon curd.

Cheri

It’s that tangy to buttermilk, not really sour, if I recall correctly.

Megan

Agreed. It’s more like buttermilk pancakes.

Amanda 'SoggyEnderman' Wilson

Ooh Buttermilk pancakes are delicious, definitely must give it a try :)

Buttermilk pancakes with lemon curd

I’d love to get more of this but not enough to place a whole order from Tea Gschwendner. can get two decent steeps out of it which is good for a flavored black. Not feeling terribly poetic tonight or anything but this is a unique tea.

Marzipan

I love this one.

Frolic

Oh I forgot to thank you Marzipan! You were awesome for sending me this sample :)

Thank you so so much MissB this was on my wishlist and one of the last teas sent in your mystery pack that I really enjoyed. It only came to my attention and made it to my wishlist because of your reviews.

January of this year all I could think about was DAVIDsTEA and I messaged my cousin who lives in Chicago how lucky he was. He responded back “I don’t know a David in Chicago and i don’t know that I’ve had his tea!” Later in the conversation he let me know about this company my response (I looked it up) “I never heard of that place, it seems a little fancier than Davids, I bet it is good since they have stores all over the world.” He is coming to visit in October and I hope I can get him to bring me some more of this tea because it would make it extra special.

The tea: Creamy Lemon not the pucker your mouth tart that I don’t personally like. This is just a light comforting creamy tang I wound maybe find in a lemon cookie or lemon poppy seed muffins.

Cheri

This tea has a really nice buttermilk tang to it that I love.

i feel bad every time i drink this. Why? Because i know there are those of you out there who love this. I really should just pass the rest of it off to someone who will love it. I don’t mind it…but i don’t love it…i’m not even sure i like it? but i don’t hate it…if that makes sense. lol

Stephanie

Its real good sweetened and iced!

no… not for me lol i’ve tried it as many ways as i can think of… don’t hate it but can’t make it work for me

Anlina

I would really love to try this, if you do decide to pass it along.

whatshesaid

I was underwhelmed by this.

anlina – send me a message so that i don’t forget. happy to pass some along

Bear With Me

Thanks for the motivation to make muffins ;)

BWM – you get the strangest ideas from me :)

Bear With Me

What else would buttermilk and lemon bring to mind? Lemon poppyseed muffins ftw. (I might be a weeeee bit manic which doesn’t help. Hehe)

OMGsrsly

Baking is better than some other options I can think of! Not that I’d be speaking from, uhh, experience or anything. Nope. Not me…

Kittenna

Ooh, I’d love to nab a single cup’s worth if I could :)

send me a message later kittenna so i don’t forget.. i’ll be going through them all when memily’s stuff gets here and it’s time for post office..

Thanks Kimquat for the sample! Honestly, was a littttle scared of the name.

Smells like a strong citrus followed by black tea. It reminds me of an english breakfast, pekoe, or earl grey tea. The sip is strong with a bit of astringency at the end, but a buttery smoothness in the front and clean citrus taste in the middle. This almost reminds me of eating a nice slice of citrus pound cake in the morning.

Flavors: Butter, Citrus, Cookie

Got a sample of this tea in a swap from kimquat.
Not really what I expected. Most lemon teas I’ve tried are pretty strong but not sour. This one is more sour. I guess the cream and butter flavor kinda outweighs the sour lemon taste. But just not enough for me. Not my favorite lemon tea for sure!

Flavors: Butter, Cream, Lemon